• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I dont care who signs ,whether hes a tool or not, if he gives his all for SUFC and gets on okay with the rest of the squad and dosent upset the dressing room then hes okay by me

Totally agree, but O'Toole would be a huge risk. Real big time Charlie attitude and will simply see us as a springboard to get him back into the Championship where he apparently belongs. Whilst I appreciate not every player we sign will be a devout Southend United fan, I at least want players who will play for the team and the cause.

I highly suspect that O'Toole (cracking player nonetheless) may be playing for himself and alienating himself in the dressing room. Team spirit will again be at the forefront of Brown's mind next season and we certainly don't want to be taking risks.

you say O toole may be a risk , but i believe we have a manager who wouldnt sign anyone he thought would be a risk in upsetting team moral, i think he would speak to any player he wishes to sign about this fact and how harmonious it is here.
So that being the case if Otoole were to sign he would understand that with SUFC he has a big opportunity of getting back where he believes he belongs ,and in the process of doing that also has an opportunity of winning a league winners medal or playing at Wembley. Not an opportunity i would pass up to be honest.

We were interested in OToole last summer but would we be now? Central midfield is our strongest department after all. That said, if you take the personality out of the equation 13 goals from midfield for a relegated side is not to be sniffed at.

We were interested in OToole last summer but would we be now? Central midfield is our strongest department after all. That said, if you take the personality out of the equation 13 goals from midfield for a relegated side is not to be sniffed at.

I will probably regret saying this if we signed him, but personality is one of the traits that was missing in that area last season. Someone spiky to gee up the others.

I will probably regret saying this if we signed him, but personality is one of the traits that was missing in that area last season. Someone spiky to gee up the others.

From that BBC video he looked more likely to drag everyone down depressed :smile:

Could be just what we need, a goal-scoring midfielder. Although Atkinson and Timlin have a fantastic work rate they only scored 3 or 4 between them last season.

I thought Clifford did his best to live up to this title with his red cards and reckless lunges.
Not sure we need another.........

Could be just what we need, a goal-scoring midfielder. Although Atkinson and Timlin have a fantastic work rate they only scored 3 or 4 between them last season.

To be fair Leonard is becoming a goalscoring midfielder and it wouldn't surprise me if he chipped in with 10-12 next season if he stays.

To be fair Leonard is becoming a goalscoring midfielder and it wouldn't surprise me if he chipped in with 10-12 next season if he stays.

Unless someone offers like 350k + add ons then he won't leave. He still has a long way to go with his ability but in a few seasons he will possibly be a championship player.

Back