• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sunday Roast Veg.

DTS

The Business
Imagine the scenario if you will. Che Wilson is cooking you a nice roast dinner this weekend. Billy Painter is also coming over. Che gives you the choice of any three veg that you want - But what will you go for.

My choice would be in no order

* Parsnips
* Sweetcorn
* Sprouts.

Ben in my office however would go.

* Peas * Marrow * Parsnips

Which is just madness. :mad:

Your thoughts please?

Sweetcorn has no place in a Sunday roast. If I was presented a roast with sweetcorn I would also expect frozen roast potatoes and a Bernard Matthews 'joint'.

My seasonal choices are...

Summer:

Runner beans
Marrow
Carrots

Winter

Parsnips
Swede
Sprouts/Greens

Last edited:
Sweetcorn? With a roast? You heathen Dave.

Choice of veg is partly dependent on the meat of course, but I'll have parsnips, carrots and spring greens thanks.

Cooked a nice roast chicken yesterday, with honey glazed parsnips, mashed turnip with creme fraiche and thyme and curly kale drizzled with truffle oil and lemon juice.

** PONCE ! **

Cooked a nice roast chicken yesterday, with honey glazed parsnips, mashed turnip with creme fraiche and thyme and curly kale drizzled with truffle oil and lemon juice.

** PONCE ! **

Your not Jamie Oliver are you ? :eek:

Lol, no but I do enjoy my cooking. If I get on masterchef I'll wear my Southend shirt :)

** PONCE ! **

god I'm hungry now!

Sweetcorn has no place in a Sunday roast. If I was presented a roast with sweetcorn I would also expect frozen roast potatoes and a Bernard Matthews 'joint'.

My seasonal choices are...

Summer:

Runner beans
Marrow
Carrots

Winter

Parsnips
Swede
Sprouts/Greens

I disagree..Sweetcorn is a very under estimated and versatile veg and adds both colour and follage to a roast dinner. You should try it. :flamer:

The answer is clearly sprouts, parsnip and swede (assuming that the ubiquitous roast potato is a staple).

The answer is clearly sprouts, parsnip and swede (assuming that the ubiquitous roast potato is a staple).

Oohh - So close - Two from Three - Sweetcorn replacing Swede for the correct answer.

Spuds come as standard with all roasts JS you are correct.

DtS:fart:

assuming potatoes are already included... then carrots, parsnips and runner beans for me

(i do like roasted sweet potatoes, swede, squash as well)

Back