• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Sunderland v Southend United

Definite improvement. File under “spirited”. Everyone looked up for it and we managed a couple of attempts and limited them to nothing really.

Few weeks ago that would have been 7-0 lol

Season starts in a week.

Love sol, never stops encouraging and directing From the sidelines. I think we are gonna be ok under him.

Not this season we ain't. Hope he sticks around for the Lg2 fight - hope some of the players don't.

The fitness has improved too, look around 85% and more Sol Campbell train them in next few week, the confidence the players will be. The target is to get at least 4/5 wins before end of December to stay in touch with 5th from bottom and Sol can go out and improve the team in January, don’t be surprised if he take 2/3 Macclesfield best young players with him to SUFC if he feel they are an upgrade on what we have.

The fitness has improved too, look around 85% and more Sol Campbell train them in next few week, the confidence the players will be. The target is to get at least 4/5 wins before end of December to stay in touch with 5th from bottom and Sol can go out and improve the team in January, don’t be surprised if he take 2/3 Macclesfield best young players with him to SUFC if he feel they are an upgrade on what we have.

Sol is obviously happy to give the youngsters a chance.

What an confidence boost for our young players when a ex premiership superstar rated them and give them an chance, like Rush etc

To be fair we have said that about evry centre back that we've tried this season. Just insert a different club.

You could argue that Dieng was a bit slow to come out yesterday when their striker drifted into the space between him and Shaughnessy .That would be a bit harsh I think.Personally I thought it was a clever goal

And yet, the team sat at the top of the current league table is Wycombe, a club who attracts similar crowds to us.
Wycombe are getting smaller crowds than us.
They only had 4,800 yesterday and about 450 of those were Shrewsbury fans. So less than 4,400 home fans.
Not sure how many we would be getting if we were top in a similar game probably about 7,000.

Wycombe are getting smaller crowds than us.
They only had 4,800 yesterday and about 450 of those were Shrewsbury fans. So less than 4,400 home fans.
Not sure how many we would be getting if we were top in a similar game probably about 7,000.

Makes it even more annoying then given how well they are doing despite being such a small, boring football club who play the worst football in the league with horrible time wasting tactics.

I sound so bitter, I am.

From what I saw and admittedly it was only the Sky highlights, there was a difference in shape, organisation and body language and the Sunderland goal was well worked and wasn't down to glaring individual errors (stand to be corrected but it was a goal that could’ve been scored against any team from what I could see). The fact it stayed 1-0 and we didn’t totally collapse is a positive and definitely a base to build upon. I can see a win coming soon.

Back