• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supermarket Bargains

southend4ever

I used to play a little.
Current Bargains.... In your opinion...

For me it has to be the hot deli counter at tesco offering 8 chicken bytes for a pound... Not content with that on Wednesday I paid for this deal and received 9 chicken bytes! Result!!

Is a whole chicken a kilobyte or would I need 1024...and if I have just a nibble is it a bit? Have a word. (nerd based PC punnery).

I might go onto one of your threads and completely ruin it too :stunned:

For couples, we find Asda is good in doing sauces and things for 2, rather than 4. Yes I know you can make them from scratch blah blah blah.

Also, it really annoys me when you see people buying literally 10-15 packets of microwave rice for about a tenner... when a bag of rice will easily make that for less than a quid. Making perfect rice takes a bit of experimenting but once you've got it down, its a complete piece of ****.

For couples, we find Asda is good in doing sauces and things for 2, rather than 4. Yes I know you can make them from scratch blah blah blah.

Also, it really annoys me when you see people buying literally 10-15 packets of microwave rice for about a tenner... when a bag of rice will easily make that for less than a quid. Making perfect rice takes a bit of experimenting but once you've got it down, its a complete piece of ****.

Otherwise known as a complete doddle :raspberry:

My advice is to buy the cheaper cuts of meat or less popular fish. Chicken thighs are half the price of breasts, black pudding is scrummy and I do a mean pasta thingy with it - less that a £1 for 4 slices.

I used to work at Tesco Express when I was at uni and occasionally we would get a product that had a hissy fit going through the self service tills and come out at 1p. My personal favourite was buying about 4 boxes of Mars Bar Ice cream things for 4p when they should have been about £7.

Also "pikey corner" as I call it, stuff that's on it's sell by date. Take it home and bung it in the freezer. Simples.

Is a whole chicken a kilobyte or would I need 1024...and if I have just a nibble is it a bit? Have a word. (nerd based PC punnery).

dont be a co ck, you know that s4e will get a bit down about this :whistling:

Last edited:
Sainsburys - Three packs of boneless chicken thighs for a fiver.

Mix this with some Dunns River jerk marinade and you are well in.

Chicken thighs are tastier than breast anyway in my opinion. Went in Sainsburys this evening and they had loads of good stuff reduced, so I've just enjoyed Cornish sardines with chilli and lemon, and salad - delicious!

Back