• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Support The Team Not The Regime! New update 24/11

My advice to friends not being paid for their work, would be to leave. Have you provided that advice to them?

I really don’t get why people hang around in roles they don’t get paid for
I agree, but it's fairly obvious that some of the people at the club aren't there for the money - they are there for the love. They'll be hanging around hoping that it all comes good because they don't want a job elsewhere - they want to be a part of SUFC. Every club has them - the bloke who carried on cutting the grass at Bury FC for ages after they went bust, etc etc.

I agree, but it's fairly obvious that some of the people at the club aren't there for the money - they are there for the love. They'll be hanging around hoping that it all comes good because they don't want a job elsewhere - they want to be a part of SUFC. Every club has them - the bloke who carried on cutting the grass at Bury FC for ages after they went bust, etc etc.
Same us as loyal fans we could just walk away and support another team. It would be such an easy way out but as we that follow the club know, supporting SUFC is in our DNA!

My advice to friends not being paid for their work, would be to leave. Have you provided that advice to them?

I really don’t get why people hang around in roles they don’t get paid for
Life isnt that simple. Im on the brink of losing my job and have been applying left right and centre. To this point nothing. of course they may well be looking around for another job but its not always an exact science

Same us as loyal fans we could just walk away and support another team. It would be such an easy way out but as we that follow the club know, supporting SUFC is in our DNA!
Blackpool fans had a boycott that lasted quite a while---I have no idea how they won the day though.

Playing tonight in the Essex Senior Cup. Would have looked a bit strange fielding the same line up for that as we did on Saturday. Wonder if that's the reason

Just donated. We shouldn't be in this position but I can't sit back and do nothing. These people are the lifeblood of our club

Good statement and I'm happy to donate BUT I have one issue, I don't my donation to get to Ron because I do not believe it will be used to pay/support the staff. That's my concern, if anyone can ease that then brilliant as I'm wary about donating at present.

EDIT - Incredible that not far off 3k has been raised already, unreal support!!

Last edited:
Good statement and I'm happy to donate BUT I have one issue, I don't want him donation to get to Ron because I do not believe it will be used to pay/support the staff. That's my concern, if anyone can ease that then brilliant as I'm wary about donating at present.

EDIT - Incredible that not far off 3k has been raised already, unreal support!!
I can asure you No monies are going to RM

Good idea
Is it? The clubs name has been through the mud enough lately. And its clear media pressure doesnt bother the chairman. Any prospective buyers would already have us on the radar. And del boy and the consortium still only have enough for 1 gold chain.

Back