• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Support The Team Not The Regime! New update 24/11

So this thread has gone from an honourable cause to two trolls who don't support SUFC desperately trying to load bullets..

All that starting "lets discuss a topic threads" as i'm your friend bollox. Shame they are allowed to take the **** out of those who really care about our club.

Blimey guys, this thread this morning...

Now, I've barely been on here this last week and am only just catching up, so I am quite willing to be shot down in flames if something new has happened in the last 7 days to give new cause for concern. But if everything is as it was a week ago, can we just stop panicking?

Look, Ron is not going to dissolve the club at this point. The finish line is practically in sight!

The first team wages are ringfenced.

Ron isn't going to dissolve the club now... he's building the stadium. If he was going to put us under, he could have done that £20m ago.

It doesn't matter how many rich people love SUFC, unless they are going to make similar conditional donations or gifts, Ron isn't going to give them a stake at this stage.

We have a short term cash flow crisis and a tax bill due. But if we were so desperate for money, they squad would be up for sale. It isn't, and Kev has been told not only that we don't need to sell players, but that he may even be able to add to the squad in January!

The management team are performing miracles on the pitch and we have been repeatedly told that they all knew what they were getting into. They are still here and we have been told to trust them. The actions of the players and management do not correlate with a club that is just about to go under.

I understand the worries but we are sitting here looking in and have no actual financial information (quite rightly - it's nothing to do with us), yet we are acting as judge and jury, assuming scenarios that must be true and projecting worst case scenarios.

I agree the management team are performing miracles, that is what I said and this is remarkable considering what must be very uneasy and unsettling feelings around the place. We all hope this will eventually be resolved and have a positive outcome.

So this thread has gone from an honourable cause to two trolls who don't support SUFC desperately trying to load bullets..

All that starting "lets discuss a topic threads" as i'm your friend bollox. Shame they are allowed to take the **** out of those who really care about our club.
As I said earlier....Use it or lose it!......As you care about the club along with 6000 others what is your course of action to stop the fans being steam-rolled by RM.......As an outsider I have lost my club many years ago and you do not want to lose yours.

Fbm....But the club sadly is a damn mess.
The silence from RM is deafening.
Who knows what he is up to.

How are the players wages ring-fenced?

I agree the management team are performing miracles, that is what I said and this is remarkable considering what must be very uneasy and unsettling feelings around the place. We all hope this will eventually be resolved and have a positive outcome.
I totally agree with you.
But how long can things carry on like this?

As I said earlier....Use it or lose it!......As you care about the club along with 6000 others what is your course of action to stop the fans being steam-rolled by RM.......As an outsider I have lost my club many years ago and you do not want to lose yours.
I don't think rigsby has a course of action on his own (or maybe he does, but it would probably involve lots of gruesome stuff). What we do have is a Trust and several fans groups, including ShrimperZone, that are collectively thinking about what the next steps of the supporter base should be.

I appreciate the fact that you have encountered stuff like this with Dagenham, but it is more than a little patronising on your part to think that we are not doing all in our power to counteract our Chairman's apparent lack of finance and interest. I'm sure you don't mean to be patronising, but just about everything you have suggested we do has been discussed many time previously. Nevertheless, thanks for your input.

I don't think rigsby has a course of action on his own (or maybe he does, but it would probably involve lots of gruesome stuff). What we do have is a Trust and several fans groups, including ShrimperZone, that are collectively thinking about what the next steps of the supporter base should be.

I appreciate the fact that you have encountered stuff like this with Dagenham, but it is more than a little patronising on your part to think that we are not doing all in our power to counteract our Chairman's apparent lack of finance and interest. I'm sure you don't mean to be patronising, but just about everything you have suggested we do has been discussed many time previously. Nevertheless, thanks for your input.

I apologise for sounding patronising........But for you to lose your club would be criminal.....I will chat on here but I will not offer anymore advice as you and the others must be left to deal with RM in the best way that you know.

I have been away for the past 10 days and had little time to log on.
Great achievement in the total amount and glad the monies raised are being distributed.
I am not going to add any more as I think everything as been covered regarding RM (I really can’t even say his name) and is inability to run this club.

I will happily support any cause that is needed.

Not sure about ring fencing .But i do belev that all the first team squd are still being payed to date .

Didn't Tom say at the recent Q&A that was the case? I couldn't attend but I'm sure I've read and heard from different sources that the first team wages are ring fenced.

No idea how but that's not my job to worry about.

Now, I've barely been on here this last week and am only just catching up, so I am quite willing to be shot down in flames if something new has happened in the last 7 days to give new cause for concern. But if everything is as it was a week ago, can we just stop panicking?

Look, Ron is not going to dissolve the club at this point. The finish line is practically in sight!

Ron isn't going to dissolve the club now... he's building the stadium. If he was going to put us under, he could have done that £20m ago.

It doesn't matter how many rich people love SUFC, unless they are going to make similar conditional donations or gifts, Ron isn't going to give them a stake at this stage.

We have a short term cash flow crisis and a tax bill due. But if we were so desperate for money, they squad would be up for sale. It isn't, and Kev has been told not only that we don't need to sell players, but that he may even be able to add to the squad in January!

The management team are performing miracles on the pitch and we have been repeatedly told that they all knew what they were getting into. They are still here and we have been told to trust them. The actions of the players and management do not correlate with a club that is just about to go under.

I understand the worries but we are sitting here looking in and have no actual financial information (quite rightly - it's nothing to do with us), yet we are acting as judge and jury, assuming scenarios that must be true and projecting worst case scenarios.
…That’s a wonderfully rosy picture you’re painting. You’re not Ron in disguise are you ?? 😂😂…….. only joking of course.

And of course you pipe at as usual to dig anyone that dares to criticise your mate who you have never acknowledged is in anyway at fault for the cataclysmic decline of SUFC over the last few years.

A man that has failed to even offer a small thank you to the fans who have donated so much money to pay the staff he employs that he can’t (or chooses not to).

Still easier to call other posters trolls to deflect from the real issue eh!?

It's not about what Ron wants anymore. It's about if someone outside wants to loan him money. He's even stated that himself (alright hes not trustworthy). I cant imagine many wanting to do that with his reputation and the risk being extremely high.

What is really scary is that it's now in Ron's interest to let us fold rather than put us into administration.

Sooner or later this will affect things on the pitch I feel.
Sadly we are already seeing this happen as no doubt Dackers would have stayed and or a replacement brought in. I think another goalie would also have been brought in with Blondy returning to Stoke.

It’s when it starts affecting the management team’s desire to be here that I dread.

Back