• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Support The Team Not The Regime! New update 24/11

Did I not read somewhere that £20,000 has been given to the club from the GoFund appeal. I assume that assurances have been given that all this money goes to the unpaid back room staff. If this money has gone into the general club pot, I for one would not be very pleased. Can anyone enlighten me on this?
It’s been stated that it’s a conditional donation, so yes it will go to unpaid staff.

The council refuse to allow any house/flats build on Root Hall, until Southend Utd is placed in their new stadium first. They not going to allow our club being homeless, not on their watch.

You raise a valid point, however If the club goes under or perhaps reinvents itself under another guise I assume that the Council no longer has obligation to honour that commitment. Of course we all pray that the Club isn't heading that way because I feel the true financial picture behind the scenes could be far worse than anything we can think of

Of course fans haven't got endless supplies of money but you can never be blamed for any wrong doing if you couldn't afford to give or didn't feel the need to give.

Some employees will not have the best Christmas ever (and having to explain as much as they can to the wife and kids) Some have received money from the donations but that will not last long.........Of course they will walk away--would you hang around for long without getting your wages?

Even though I am on the outside looking in and I cannot imagine what those poor familes will be going through on Dec. 25 (still being owed money) wether they are still at the club or given up the ghost.

Some fans have jobs and are being paid, others have retired...But just give a thought on Christmas Day to the people who have been ripped off when at RH!

Well said. Must be demoralising to know others get paid and you haven’t
In fairness it must also feel uncomfortable to know you have been paid but others within your working environment have not. Must be a dreadful atmosphere about the place. It’s truly a miracle what Kev and co are achieving under those conditions.

In fairness it must also feel uncomfortable to know you have been paid but others within your working environment have not. Must be a dreadful atmosphere about the place. It’s truly a miracle what Kev and co are achieving under those conditions.
The fans, (some not SUFC fans) and others have made a generous donation.
That has gone towards the part payment (of unpaid salaries).

When (or if) the playing staff, management and football dept staff get paid, They too (if they feel the need)--the choice is theirs--can also help out any employees who face a very bleak Christmas.

The squad, the management, The CEO and the football dept, other employees and last but not least the supporters now make up one BIG team.

As the saying goes "we are all in this together"

Last edited:
The fans, (some not SUFC fans) and others have made a generous donation.
That has gone towards the part payment (of unpaid salaries).

When (or if) the playing staff, management and football dept staff get paid, They too (if they feel the need)--the choice is theirs--can also help out any employees who face a very bleak Christmas.

The squad, the management, The CEO and the football dept, other employees and last but not least the supporters now make up one BIG team.

As the saying goes "we are all in this together"
I am well aware of what the fans have done, I have contributed myself, but whatever we do will not alter the reality of the situation, it will only provide a short term hand of assistance. The fact the team have been performing so well under such conditions is I believe a minor miracle. I stand by my comment that this situation is also uneasy for those who are being paid on time.

I am well aware of what the fans have done, I have contributed myself, but whatever we do will not alter the reality of the situation, it will only provide a short term hand of assistance. The fact the team have been performing so well under such conditions is I believe a minor miracle. I stand by my comment that this situation is also uneasy for those who are being paid on time.
I could not agree more.
But are they being paid?

How much of a reality could that be 75%?

No idea. It’s a waiting game.
It’s all going to be ok till it isn’t. I don’t think anybody knows how it will pan out
Protesting is the only lever fans have to pull so it’s a gamble. Stick with rm and hope he pulls it off or protest till he’s forced to sell. That’s the only options the fans have.

How much of a reality could that be 75%?

No idea. It’s a waiting game.
It’s all going to be ok till it isn’t. I don’t think anybody knows how it will pan out
Protesting is the only lever fans have to pull so it’s a gamble. Stick with rm and hope he pulls it off or protest till he’s forced to sell. That’s the only options the fans have.
Have the national press high-lighted the clubs' problems?

There is no better time for the trust/supporters club. to put pressure on the owner and his son.

The Non League Paper must be the first port of call.

The CEO should know if the players have been paid.
Aldershot away today...There should be a demo there today and get it in the press ASAP

A demo + get SUFC fans to take photos and then send them into the press later this afternoon.....It matters NOT that RM will not be there----Go for maximum publicity

All you can do is your best..... do NOT make a demo on the pitch as it may lead to violence/arrests.........you want everybody on your side..........NO fighting------You must get the huge banner out............Use it or lose it.

What if rm dissolves the club instead of selling it? Imo that’s where it’s headed
You have to make a stand--it is your last chance to stop things from happening.

Today has to be the start----No leaving it until next week---make a demo from the terraces

I think we have been advised the 1st team squad are all being paid on time. But if you were working for an organisation where some of your fellow employees were not being paid, how confident would you feel about your own future financial security?!

I would be very worried.

My best advice is to get the guys who have the banner to attend today-----Make a demo from the terrace and take photos and put a story together and contact the press today....SUFC is much more important than todays game--you have to demo for the future today

Things to shout out.. Save SUFC............Do not let our club die.........NOT just RM out-- as that would get boring..................Save The Shrimpers is well worth shouting.

Back