• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Support The Team Not The Regime! New update 24/11

We will need to do another fundraiser. We have to try everything. Would help to have some more high profile support.
That is all well and good but people are in a cash crisis anyway these days. This is all RM's dream and he should be paying for his pot at the end of the rainbow not relying on others to bail him out when he gets short.

The fans (Wrexham included) have been incredible already as have The Trust and PG digging deep for the love of the club. It is none of our fault that RM cannot manage cash flows, forecasts and get his act together over his huge building project and club funds, it is his alone.

If he can't stand the heat he should get out of the kitchen.

Last edited:
If the accounts had been published we'd have an idea about how many staff we have.

I'm by no means saying Ron isn't to blame here but a headcount reduction in the summer would have been the most sensible way of meeting the budget requirements although that would no doubt have had been met with complaints

Surely the club should provide a breakdown of how the loans/donations have been applied. If 100k is not enough to pay non playing staff it suggests maybe the money has been used misappropriately. The CEO needs to clarify where it's gone.

Surely the club should provide a breakdown of how the loans/donations have been applied. If 100k is not enough to pay non playing staff it suggests maybe the money has been used misappropriately. The CEO needs to clarify where it's gone.
Yes would be good to see where it’s gone but that just isn’t going to happen. Can’t accuse people of misappropriating funds though.

Who’s been paid for October? Who will be paid for November? People are too scared to ask that

Yes would be good to see where it’s gone but that just isn’t going to happen. Can’t accuse people of misappropriating funds though.

Who’s been paid for October? Who will be paid for November? People are too scared to ask that
November is due soon and it’s not going to be pretty unfortunately (unless this loan materialises)

How funny! Countless posts on here shouting that the go fund me wasn’t going to be used to pay wages!

How funny! Countless posts on here shouting that the go fund me wasn’t going to be used to pay wages!
Not helpful. More helpful question would be are back room staff not being paid at the expensive of other departments?
doesnt seem very fair. That’s right wing capitalism on steroids and strange who isn’t calling it out.

Do we know if the club took PG services up on their offer of the 40k loan?

All very doom and gloom isn't it...... same old issues, time and time again! If their is a club who needs outside investment it's Southend. Can see things getting worse before they get better unfortunately.

Outside investment is not the first thing that is needed, the first thing needed is publishing full accounts for clarity and to see where the ****ing money has gone.

Then others maybe in a position to invest if they see fit, and are not ignored by RM.

How we have got to this perilious financial stage again, with no accounts filed since 2019 shouldn't be allowed to happen. Deliberately keeping things as confusing as possible while ignoring HMRC laws as you go should prohibit you being able to run any sort of business, let alone a community asset like SUFC.

Disgusting behaviour.

Outside investment is not the first thing that is needed, the first thing needed is publishing full accounts for clarity and to see where the ****ing money has gone.

Then others maybe in a position to invest if they see fit, and are not ignored by RM.

How we have got to this perilious financial stage again, with no accounts filed since 2019 shouldn't be allowed to happen. Deliberately keeping things as confusing as possible while ignoring HMRC laws as you go should prohibit you being able to run any sort of business, let alone a community asset like SUFC.

Disgusting behaviour.

The man is genuinely delusional. He's told so many fairy tales he actually believes himself now. It's taken years longer than it should have but it will catch up with him. Its a only a matter of time.

Sadly we have and will continue to suffer for a while long after his conclusion I expect.

Disgusting behaviour.
The last 3 years has been disgusting both on and off the pitch. 2 relegation, players/staff not being paid on time or never, never ending HMRC issues. We have well and truly been run into the ground with no hope of things improving anytime soon. What depressing state Southend are in.

Why can't we just be a normal club like a Walsall or someone like that. I would kill for season without any off field issues. I don't want glory I just want normality, all I'm asking for as a fan.

Last edited:
That is all well and good but people are in a cash crisis anyway these days. This is all RM's dream and he should be paying for his pot at the end of the rainbow not relying on others to bail him out when he gets short.

The fans (Wrexham included) have been incredible already as have The Trust and PG digging deep for the love of the club. It is none of our fault that RM cannot manage cash flows, forecasts and get his act together over his huge building project and club funds, it is his alone.

If he can't stand the heat he should get out of the kitchen.
Well said.

I have read many various messages and all I can say is that FF is a dream that will never happen and RH will be knocked down and houses will be built on it.

I have been around non league football for too long to believe that SUFC will carry on for much longer I am afraid to say.

I am not the sort of person to spread doom and gloom but I am a huge fan of the truth and the truth looks very bad for the club sadly.

Clubs have come and gone no matter how high their crowds have been!

Of course something that seems to have not been answered is what is going to happen in January when the HMRC court case reconvenes?

If the bridging loan is dependent on the players using the new training pitches, and the pitches aren't going to be ready until the spring, what it going to be decided in mid-Jan?

Back