• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Support The Team Not The Regime! New update 24/11

"
Short of purchasing a ticket and then on kick off a mass walkout to the car park to protest (and for it to be effective its got to be closer to a thousand rather than a hundred"

That is the first realistic, non-damaging but effective suggestion I have read. I suggest one improvement, but it depends on how the exits are left during the game, and that would be to buy a ticket, enter the ground and after say 10 minutes of the match all walk out chanting "Martin Out" or similar....
That’s really going to help the team .. Ron honestly wouldn’t give a ****.

Just seen this pop up on Twitter, all power to them I say!
View attachment 24007
Very bad news. This will not drive him out. It can only get the club a huge fine they can't afford, and even more people not being paid. It would only have a chance to drive him out if the Roots Hall and Fossetts money making developments weren't involved. So it's not like other protests at other clubs. There is no comparison. If it had a chance, I would be on the pitch with them. This is a bad thing for our club.

Short of purchasing a ticket and then on kick off a mass walkout to the car park to protest (and for it to be effective its got to be closer to a thousand rather than a hundred)
I think this is a brilliant idea.

The club won't be able to complain about cashflow being compromised and it will have maximum impact to those in the padded seats.

It'd be great if this could be organised, although as always, with the apathy of our fans I fear the most difficult thing will be getting all three sides of the ground involved and cooperating!

Very bad news. This will not drive him out. It can only get the club a huge fine they can't afford, and even more people not being paid. It would only have a chance to drive him out if the Roots Hall and Fossetts money making developments weren't involved. So it's not like other protests at other clubs. There is no comparison. If it had a chance, I would be on the pitch with them. This is a bad thing for our club.
Staff aren’t getting paid already, most staff are still waiting for their November wages which is disgusting, so you suggest just sit back and do nothing?

The club was given £100k recently and yet he still can’t pay his staff so is a small fine going to really make much of a difference to our finances? No it won’t!

The club is finished under Ron Martin, we could be going out of business next month for good and yet you still won’t do anything just because you believe he won’t sell?

How do you know for sure he won’t sell? You don’t, so therefore every fan should be fighting for their club!

Ron can’t believe his luck that he is able to get away with destroying the club whilst he sits comfortably in his seat without any pressure on him.

What is the point of this, what is is looking to achieve?

Ron's going nowhere. The end game is within sight.
Pressure and publicity again, I would imagine.

I think the end game being in sight is a moot point. He coukd easily leave now and still make his fortune.

He is a cancer which is riddling and eating away at every part of this club and he needs to go, regardless of what happens with the new stadium.

He is properly deluded if he thinks this new stadium will redeem him. There is no going back. The damage is done.

Pressure and publicity again, I would imagine.

I think the end game being in sight is a moot point. He coukd easily leave now and still make his fortune.

He is a cancer which is riddling and eating away at every part of this club and he needs to go, regardless of what happens with the new stadium.

He is properly deluded if he thinks this new stadium will redeem him. There is no going back. The damage is done.
He could put us in a top, state of the art modern stadium and still be a **** in my eyes.

I think a better way to get pressure and publicity would be to throw tennis balls with 'Martin Out' written on them onto the pitch to delay the game. Could do this at 19 mins 6 seconds (1906) as well.

Far less likely to result in stadium bans and will be nothing more than a huge inconvenience to make a big point.

Actually I think if Ron pulls it off he might go down as the greatest chairman in the history of the club. I know it's hardly an illustrious list (apart from Bill Rubin and Frank Walton) but there you go.
Will he go down the same way as another famous chairman who screwed the club .And ended up doing porage ..But it wasnt his fault .

Protests only work if there’s enough people , look at Blackpool and Charlton it was literally near enough their whole fanbase thst protested unfortunately our whole fan base won’t . People always talk about chesterfield and how much press it got . Let’s be honest it got barely any coverage .and im pretty sure It’s only coz Stan was at the game something was done regards to CEO etc . It’s gonna be pointless when just a few hundred walk on the pitch shouting ‘ Martin out’

Back