• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Support The Team Not The Regime! New update 24/11

Tom said we're losing £2million a year. That means we could get rid of all the playing staff and still be losing around £500k per year.
Remarkable and just goes to show what an unsustainable business that lower league football clubs are.
going to need a generous new owner or a lightning quick ascent up the leagues

Tom said we're losing £2million a year. That means we could get rid of all the playing staff and still be losing around £500k per year.

well we had a lightening quick descent down the leagues why cant we do the opposite

Hopefully the bridging loan is in place by that time. failing that happening we will be in deep ****,
I have faith in the bridging loan aha. But will probably need another fund raiser as Ron is Ron

Nobody would know as no accounts have been filed. That also sounds like utter tosh to me, or the signs of an appallingly run business with wastage left right and centre.

How do clubs with gates and income much less than ours manage, or do they all have rich owners ploughing double/treble the money Ron allegedly does each month.

Nobody would know as no accounts have been filed. That also sounds like utter tosh to me, or the signs of an appallingly run business with wastage left right and centre.

How do clubs with gates and income much less than ours manage, or do they all have rich owners ploughing double/treble the money Ron allegedly does each month.
Well they do not spend on the transfer market, have smaller grounds which are easier to maintain...There must be many reasons and do not suffer fools gladly would be one of them so no RM type person at the helm.

Some people in this world are genuine but sadly others are not.
As genuine, honest and caring SUFC fans are there is a man at the helm who is alledged to be quite questionable!

You are in it for your love of the club (all be it a messed up one).
RM is in it for himself!
He goes from one week to the next comitting financial suicide.
Hindering not helping the club!!

The club is run like an episode of Monty Python.
But in this case few laugh.

Well they do not spend on the transfer market, have smaller grounds which are easier to maintain...There must be many reasons and do not suffer fools gladly would be one of them so no RM type person at the helm.
Some people in this world are genuine but sadly others are not.
As genuine, honest and caring SUFC fans are there is a man at the helm who is alledged to be quite questionable!

You are in it for your love of the club (all be it a messed up one).
RM is in it for himself!
He goes from one week to the next comitting financial suicide.
Hindering not helping the club!!

The club is run like an episode of Monty Python.
But in this case few laugh.
Somethings not right. That’s for sure.

Somethings not right. That’s for sure.
With crowds of 6000/huge programme sales/club shop profits/bar profits/sponsorship deals etc....Where the heck has that money gone?!

Charlton Athletic many moons ago had huge crowds at The Valley plus a huge sale of progammes/teas and bovrils......The players were paid £7 a week (£5 in the summer)

What the hell happened to a mountain of money?
That mystery has yet to be solved!!!!

lies dam lies and accountants ...

not to say we are rich but a lot depends what you put onto each financial year and how you set off certain expenses - so they tell me.

every time i see Chris Powell in Qatar with England it confirms that Martin is a tw+t

When I was in the Chamber, up until I stood down in May, there were, to my certain knowledge seven out of the 51 Councillors who were shareholders, season ticket holders or regular attendees at Roots Hall. There were also a considerable number who expressed firm support and many of those were occasional attendees.

this is the SUFC politiical muscle RM needs and uses ....

Latest total on the Go Fund Me front is £19,260 which is fabulous.

Can we now please bring this thread back on topic as discussions on here have now started to morph into stuff which already has threads galore in the future of Southend Forums.
Bumpity bump. Total now at £20,415.

On what grounds? As far as we're aware no criminality has been broken

to write a constitution of our fans organisation reflecting our aims ..

to clarify the situation with the "covenant"

to advise and inform fans organistion of all the implications of FF development

to negotiate a new arrangement with the current owner safeguarding the football club

and if he does not want to negotiate with us to exlore options with other bodies
- NL and SBC ..

Everyone - me included - is totally in the dark about the realities of our situation ..

We are all hoping RM somehow succeeeds ...

We could at least be taking the first steps to get proper advice

Back