• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimperstrust

Supporting SUFC
The Shrimpers Trust were delighted to host a Question & Answer session for supporters with Southend United Manager Phil Brown and Chief Executive Steve Kavanagh in the Blues Lounge at Roots Hall on Monday evening.

Rob Craven's report on the evening can be found by clicking here.

No questios about zonal marking then?

Did you read it ?

Its discussed in the pdf document at the bottom within the full transcript.

Lots been made about this as we have lost two games. System seemed ok for the 3 games previous where we kept clean sheets. Think its far too easy a peg to hang the blame on.

Did you read it ?

Its discussed in the pdf document at the bottom within the full transcript.

Lots been made about this as we have lost two games. System seemed ok for the 3 games previous where we kept clean sheets. Think its far too easy a peg to hang the blame on.

Read the summary.Not the full transcript.

Bit harsh on Bentley.

Thanks for the report.

He talks a very good game - and it sounds like he could have taught Flavs a thing or two - but he also admits he's transient and claims Ron isn't b*llsh*tting him, which will be his get out clause when he wants out. He hasn't moved down to Southend.

Seems to knows the inside of Chelmsford prison a bit too well, plus three of the individuals he worked with got jailed for fraud! I think that was at Derby rather than when he was put on gardening leave by one of Ron's big friends in the world of finance...

Not sure about "the youth policy at the club has always been a success story"

I wonder what the succession plan is for when he does go. Is it Penney? Brown doesn't seem to think Coughlan is a manager.

Read the summary.Not the full transcript.

Bit harsh on Bentley.

The full transcript makes a good read.

Not harsh at all on Bentley, I said after the game that first goal would have led to a flood of rage if it had been Smith. Bentley has plenty to learn and if Brown is teaching him then nothing wrong with that.

Thanks for the report.

He talks a very good game - and it sounds like he could have taught Flavs a thing or two - but he also admits he's transient and claims Ron isn't b*llsh*tting him, which will be his get out clause when he wants out. He hasn't moved down to Southend.

Seems to knows the inside of Chelmsford prison a bit too well, plus three of the individuals he worked with got jailed for fraud! I think that was at Derby rather than when he was put on gardening leave by one of Ron's big friends in the world of finance...

I wonder what the succession plan is for when he does go. Is it Penney? Brown doesn't seem to think Coughlan is a manager.

As always the plan will be to hire someone else.

How often do clubs actually appoint internally? Not that often, and even less often does it work out.

Thanks for the report.

The day Ron isn't bullshiting somebody is the day I become a born again virgin.....great report though.

As always the plan will be to hire someone else.

How often do clubs actually appoint internally? Not that often, and even less often does it work out.

That's pretty twisted logic, particularly considering the churn of managerial jobs which suggests that most appointments don't work out. Football clubs do an incredibly poor job of appointing managers (Ron to his credit actually has a decent record) and is definitely an area where they can improve.

A management change is expensive as it usually entails a new man coming in, often with his own staff, and wanting a different set of players.

Did anyone else know about the conversation Brown and Martin had 3 years ago? Must have meant that Sturrock was 2nd choice.

Did anyone else know about the conversation Brown and Martin had 3 years ago? Must have meant that Sturrock was 2nd choice.

I thought it was common knowledge that he went for Brown first a few years ago.

What a top read , and dosent PB speak well, i said it when RM signed him as manager and im even more certain now that SUFC have got the right man to take the club forward,Think like a premiership , championship club and eventually you will become one .

What a top read , and dosent PB speak well, i said it when RM signed him as manager and im even more certain now that SUFC have got the right man to take the club forward,Think like a premiership , championship club and eventually you will become one .

Except if you are Darlington

Back