• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Supporters Group Meeting with Ron Martin and Tom Lawrence - 3rd June 2021

Why do you hope it's Dunne? What do you actually know about him outside of what a couple of Barnet fans who have, much like us I guess, become bitter and twisted as a result of their poor performances on the pitch (only really saved from relegation to National League South by the curtailment of the season at non-league Step 2)?

If he joins, I'll be making my own judgement.
Admittedly I don't know great deal about dunne so I'm going on barnet and Swindon fans views, which unfortunately seem quite negative but as you pointed out section of fans may have it in for dunne due to bad season. I'm hoping its not Murphy, as I think he will be decent signing.

Listened this afternoon, good stuff again everyone,

Actually feels like we are going to in a pretty positive place for next season, then of course it all comes down to results on the pitch again.

Really positive and Tom comes across as someone who has his head screwed on, he’s a fan and wants success for the club! I was a bit concerned when he said he hopes our first game in the new stadium would be in the championship in 10 years time. Hope that was just a number he threw out there rather than a realistic timescale of the ground being ready.

Ron seemed a lot better, but disappointed no one delved more into the reasons behind Stan walking away.

Very interesting listen, I enjoy these.

Have to admit I do think the NL is a difficult league to get out of and I’m not expecting us to get up first time. But it does seem we are doing everything we can to get back first time of asking.

Really positive and Tom comes across as someone who has his head screwed on, he’s a fan and wants success for the club! I was a bit concerned when he said he hopes our first game in the new stadium would be in the championship in 10 years time. Hope that was just a number he threw out there rather than a realistic timescale of the ground being ready.

Ron seemed a lot better, but disappointed no one delved more into the reasons behind Stan walking away.
For the best, stans far too up and down to stay the course. The introduction of the CEO seems to have been very positive though.

For the best, stans far too up and down to stay the course. The introduction of the CEO seems to have been very positive though.

Absolutely, but would like to hear Ron’s view on the whole Stan situation and what happened. Also what happened to Ron’s option for CEO?

He actually meant, of course, he hoped to be playing in the championship in 10 years in our new stadium (not that was when the stadium would be ready). Thought is was good Ron confirmed that the stadium plans would be going to committee on 23rd June (yes this year)- really seems to be getting close now.

Absolutely, but would like to hear Ron’s view on the whole Stan situation and what happened. Also what happened to Ron’s option for CEO?
Ron has a bit of a habit of digging himself holes though, its good he stopped just at the word negative.

Regarding the discussion at the end about switching to physical or hybrid meetings. I wouldn't recommend hybrid, the remote attendees will struggle to follow the conversation, unless a very good microphone/speaker was used. The recording of the meeting wouldn't be as effective either. Full remote is the best option IMHO

Nice to hear Rebecca once he ditched that potato laptop, Chris Phillips negative filter was also impressive.

From my own standpoint, interesting to hear discussion about the future (or not) of live streaming for expats going forward.

Also, returning to the North Bank, feels like that's been an ongoing discussion point since the late 90s.

I wonder who the player was who seems to have knocked us back and whose agent didn’t turn up, per Ron.

I thought it was very positive. That's the best I've ever seen Ron speak. I still don't believe we will get promotion first attempt. That may change if we bring in goal scoring forwards, wingers and midfielders. Defensively I think we will be fine. Tom was as expected, obviously he will have sorted out the sound issues before the next meeting. Chris seemed scared to speak, obviously treading on eggshells regarding the relationship between Ron and the echo. Regarding the North Bank. You can tell by my name I loved it, but that was when it was standing. There I was for years asking the club to give us back our North Bank. Then I got to sit in there for one game. It was horrendous. I am 6ft, I had to put my legs to one side all game. I got the worst back ache that lasted weeks. Never again. Those seats are not meant for anyone over 5ft 8ins. It's now the worst place in the ground to watch a match. No wonder the away fans stand up. Take the seats out and have limited standing, then great.

Back