• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Supporters Group Statement and Q&A meeting with Ron Martin and Tom Lawrence. 28/03/2023

Documentaries don't make money for the subject. They make money for the production companies and the channels. I am sure they are not doing badly out of it but they certainly won't be making millions from it.

The figures a lot of clubs are posting at the moment are alarming. Torquay lost around £2million I believe. York had to rely on their Trust bailing them out on wages this month. This league is starting to get very financially stretched and some clubs will be suffering from that.
Wrexham will be fine imo but yes other clubs are in danger

Wrexham will be fine imo but yes other clubs are in danger
Oh yeah Wrexham will be fine, they've hit the jackpot really. Others will find it harder and harder. The race to spend money in this league is really hotting up. It makes me laugh when people think we should be up there because we get 6k through the gate.

Dagenham and Woking both have wealthy US owners. Bromley have plenty of money. Boreham Wood have a deal with Arsenal that does them very nicely thank you. Solihull are minted. Chesterfield, Notts and Wrexham are spending money like it is going out of fashion.

Forget traditional size of club and crowds. In terms of actual, tangible means, we are probably bottom half in this division which makes it even more of a remarkable job that Maher and co have done.

Oh yeah Wrexham will be fine, they've hit the jackpot really. Others will find it harder and harder. The race to spend money in this league is really hotting up. It makes me laugh when people think we should be up there because we get 6k through the gate.

Dagenham and Woking both have wealthy US owners. Bromley have plenty of money. Boreham Wood have a deal with Arsenal that does them very nicely thank you. Solihull are minted. Chesterfield, Notts and Wrexham are spending money like it is going out of fashion.

Forget traditional size of club and crowds. In terms of actual, tangible means, we are probably bottom half in this division which makes it even more of a remarkable job that Maher and co have done.
Yeah Southend United is in a very bad place. Can it survive I don’t know

Documentaries don't make money for the subject. They make money for the production companies and the channels. I am sure they are not doing badly out of it but they certainly won't be making millions from it.

The figures a lot of clubs are posting at the moment are alarming. Torquay lost around £2million I believe. York had to rely on their Trust bailing them out on wages this month. This league is starting to get very financially stretched and some clubs will be suffering from that.
This isn't true. It depends on the deal. Money can be paid for depiction rights, appearances etc. Ryan and Rob are exec producers, so will be pulling in money for this and appearing in the series. Who knows how much of this money they a diverting to the club itself. Just like the Tik Tok money, which is really money the platform is paying for Ryan getting on board.

Then there are all indirect benefits from the documentary which benefits the club, The Turf pub and the town in general in financial terms.

What any production on streaming platforms like Netflix don't benefit from are back end deals on net profits. It's all up front and indirect.

Precisely the problem isnt it. In the real world a club should rely principally on its gate reciepts, sponsorship and extra income made from events utilising the stadium.

The reality is a multi millionaire playing the football version of monopoly.

Back