• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supportive messages for the players *LEAVE YOUR MSG NOW*

MESSAGE: All we ask for is FULL COMMITMENT and PASSION.If you show this,the fans will respond and together we will get out of this mess.
NAME: Mike

Message: Sometime when the team is up against it and the breaks are beating the boys, tell them to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Gipper.

Name: George Gipp.

Last edited:
Going to keep this open until 10:30am chaps. Get your message in now, if you haven't done so already. All messages will be delivered to the players well in advance of K.O tonight.

Dear Southend United players: We still have faith and belief in your abilities to save our season. We know that you can do it. Believe in yourselves and the rest will follow!

NAME: Paul

Now listen here you lot, i've been coming to Roots Hall for over 42 years while you were all tadpoles in your infancy. I've seen 7 or 8 relegations and dammed if i want another one. It's o.k for you guys who wont be here in a year or two, but for a few seconds during the game tomorrow, just look up into the stands and see what it means to us dedicated die-hards(fools?). Appreciate all the crap and untruths which have been quoted this season, but for christ sake win our last 3 homegames and get a draw at that dump which mascarades as Oldham, and hey-ho should be enough to keep our current status.
NAME- Tony
AGE - 52
LOCATION - Leigh-on-sea.

What he said apart from I've been supporting SUFC for 48 years.
Name : Harry

Within you right now is the power to do things you never dreamed possible. This power becomes available to you just as soon as you can change your beliefs.
Dr. Maxwell Maltz, Author

Believe in yourselves, believe in each other, believe in Tilly and believe in us your loyal supporters and TOGETHER we can all do this - THE BLUES ARE STAYING UP!

Name: Roxy

Last edited:
Within you right now is the power to do things you never dreamed possible. This power becomes available to you just as soon as you can change your beliefs.
Dr. Maxwell Maltz, Author

Believe in yourselves, believe in each other, believe in Tilly and believe in us your loyal supporters and TOGETHER we can all do this - THE BLUES ARE STAYING UP!

Name: Roxy

Roxy MWAH!!! xx

Many Thanks to everyone.

A 12 page word document containing all the messages has now been sent off to the club. The players will be reading them this afternoon and in the dressing room pre-match.

Let's hope it gives them the confidence boost they need.

Last edited:
good effort mate. not sure all of them are ideal but then who knows?
I doubt the players will read them!? did you have any guarantees?
the guarantee i see is when we win 5-0 tonight.
i presume the club will select which they wish the players to read and which they don't?

Many Thanks to everyone.

Messages have now been sent off to the club. The players will be reading them this afternoon and in the dressing room pre-match.

Let's hope it gives them the confidence boost they need.

Brilliant idea- well done

I know it was short notice and I don't know what response you expected but TBH i am disappointed by how few people have bothered to post something. maybe as usual I was being too optomistic

good effort mate. not sure all of them are ideal but then who knows?
I doubt the players will read them!? did you have any guarantees?
the guarantee i see is when we win 5-0 tonight.
i presume the club will select which they wish the players to read and which they don't?

The players will read them. I have been assured of that. I would hope all messages will be passed on. But then I have no control of that. I guess it's up to Tilly what he wants the players to read...

Brilliant idea- well done

I know it was short notice and I don't know what response you expected but TBH i am disappointed by how few people have bothered to post something. maybe as usual I was being too optomistic

Cheers

Response was not too bad. Around 50 on here and another 20 via email and PM. Considering it was only one site and only 24hrs, we done well.

Back