• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUPREME TRAVEL - VOLUNTARY ADMINSTRATION

Shrimperstrust

Supporting SUFC
Following on from vandalism that took place at their coach depot over the Easter Weekend in 2004, Supreme Coach Travel have been going through a difficult phase. As a result of the problems that arose from that time they are currently undergoing a re-structuring period.

The directors of Supreme Travel have decided that after receiving advise from their accountants the best way forward at this stage is to go into administration. It should be pointed out that this course of action was voluntary and they are still trading.

John Bridge has assured the Trust that their will be no problems in honouring the contact for away travel with Supreme Travel during the 2005/06 season and the Trust will remain supportive whilst the company goes through this period.

The Trust do have options in place that we can turn to if the situation should change at short notice.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimperstrust @ Aug. 08 2005,18:55)]The Trust do have options in place that we can turn to if the situation should change at short notice.
Lets hope its not the Arriva Southend United bus
laugh.gif

or Olympian coaches noooooooooooooo!

Hope Supreme get soughted, couldnt bare to go on another olympian one, and supreme have descent coaches

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Aug. 08 2005,20:45)]or Olympian coaches noooooooooooooo!

Hope Supreme get soughted, couldnt bare to go on another olympian one, and supreme have descent coaches
I really, really hope you don't do the lettering on the shirts in the club shop!!

tounge.gif

A descent coach might be a good laugh though. Is it like a roller-coaster?

WS

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ Aug. 08 2005,19:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimperstrust @ Aug. 08 2005,18:55)]The Trust do have options in place that we can turn to if the situation should change at short notice.
Lets hope its not the Arriva Southend United bus  
laugh.gif
lets hope not
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 08 2005,19:58)]A descent coach might be a good laugh though. Is it like a roller-coaster?
I thought every ride was a roller-coaster experience with Supreme? or was it just Grimsby?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimperstrust @ Aug. 08 2005,18:55)].

John Bridge has assured the Trust that their will be no problems in honouring the contact for away travel with Supreme Travel during the 2005/06 season and the Trust will remain supportive whilst the company goes through this period.
Let me just say that even though he is a distant relation it is not me.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Aug. 08 2005,19:45)]or Olympian coaches noooooooooooooo!

I went to cardiff on one of the Olympian coaches and thought it was pretty decent to be honest.
oops.gif

ah, now if you was on the Olympian coaches for the Grimsby game, it would be a different matter
smile.gif

Or coach broke down as the fuel had run out
mad.gif

Was really uncomfortable
mad.gif

no tv for a long trip up north
mad.gif

taxi cost me £55 (£110 on my card for two taxis)
replacement coach didn't turn up a Grimsby and got soaked.
When we did meet up with our replacement - could go faster then 50mph incase the side mirrors fell off.

They must of improved the service after that game then

sorry for my bad spelling, you wouldn't think i went to University

but the Shrimpers Trust soughted the matter out, which was good of them
smile.gif
and i did get a refund out of it, so no complaints there

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Aug. 09 2005,00:20)]ah, now if you was on the Olympian coaches for the Grimsby game, it would be a different matter
smile.gif

Or coach broke down as the fuel had run out  
mad.gif

Was really uncomfortable  
mad.gif

no tv for a long trip up north  
mad.gif

taxi cost me £55 (£110 on my card for two taxis)
replacement coach didn't turn up a Grimsby and got soaked.
When we did meet up with our replacement - could go faster then 50mph incase the side mirrors fell off.

They must of improved the service after that game then

sorry for my bad spelling, you wouldn't think i went to University
Sounds like you had a right nightmare of a day. i was on one of the supreme coachs and felt well sorry for you and your group who got soacked by the torrential rain.
biggrin.gif

my mum works for supreme. she says that everything will be fine.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Aug. 08 2005,23:20)]sorry for my bad spelling, you wouldn't think i went to University
On the contrary, it merely confirms you indeed went to Uni and, like any good student should do, spent your 3 or 4 years getting up after 12 Noon, watching Countdown and generally arsing around. Sir, I salute you.

wink.gif

Who could forget the double decker bus to Northampton a couple of years back. I almost burst into a chorus of 'Summer Holiday' but a least they got us there and back in good time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Groyne Strain @ Aug. 09 2005,09:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Aug. 08 2005,23:20)]sorry for my bad spelling, you wouldn't think i went to University
On the contrary, it merely confirms you indeed went to Uni and, like any good student should do, spent your 3 or 4 years getting up after 12 Noon, watching Countdown and generally arsing around.  Sir, I salute you.

wink.gif
no, i'd love to sleep in till 12. I'm normally in the shop by 9:30 am unless i am at uni that day. Its only Essex Uni I go to.

That day at Grimsby was the worst - to top it off i was in fancy dress as Bugs Bunny, and i got soaked. haha

Well that lasted a long while.

At 11.30 this morning the supreme travel agents in basildon closed its doors followed by the Hadleigh shop.
The travel agency has gone into liquidation. The coach company will continue trading but may well be sold off if they can't turn it round.
My now out of work daughter rung me after finally getting back from the pub !
Bit of a blow for the poor kid really, her part time job to give her a bit of pocket money was in the crown in Hadleigh, yeh the one which shut its doors last week !!
Those with holidays will be ok because they were an Abta agency.

Back