• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Swanny - SPOTY?

Davros

The Whippet
Got on him at 18/1 last Tuesday, has since come in to 10/1.

A nice 5 wicket haul in the first innings of the next test could seal the deal. All the rest of the nominees have done there bit for the year, so out of site out of mind could play a huge part in this, so hopefully Swanny can do the business and bring Davros home the bacon!

He's been well backed, but the AP McCoy has a big campaign behind him; many of the bookies are promoting his cause via their shops.

The thing is, you gotta be thinking about who will be watching on the night.

I think Swann may stand a chance, as a lot of people who are staying up to watch the cricket are likely to watch SPOTY along the way?

I just cant see a load of horse racing fans texting in while wearing thier tweed jackets and eating their phesants.

Also, the last few years, the favourite hasn't won, i hope the trend continues. I'd like to see Swann shorten to about 5/1 by Sunday, then i will feel confident

I backed Westwood at 60 but after he didn't move in following the Ryder Cup and with McDowell splitting the vote, thought I'd trade out at 15.

Thoroughly deserved win for McCoy though, if you're allowed to take in more than just achievements in the year. If a jockey was ever to win it...

I think Swann may stand a chance, as a lot of people who are staying up to watch the cricket are likely to watch SPOTY along the way?

I just cant see a load of horse racing fans texting in while wearing thier tweed jackets and eating their phesants.
Stick to accountancy Davros, I think your professional gambling career is unlikely to take off.

1. Tony McCoy 293,152 (41.98%)
2. Phil Taylor 72,095 (10.33%)
3. Jessica Ennis 62,953 (9.02%)
4. Lee Westwood 58,640 (8.4%)
5. Graeme McDowell 52,108 (7.46%)
6. Tom Daley 50,763 (7.27%)
7. Mark Cavendish 44,170 (6.33%)
8. Amy Williams 43,056 (6.17%)
9. Graeme Swann 13,767 (1.97%)
10. David Haye 7,538 (1.08%)

Stick to accountancy Davros, I think your professional gambling career is unlikely to take off.

It's not much of a career by the sounds of it - he doesn't appear to have ever stepped foot in a betting shop from his description of racing fans.

72,095 people voted for Phil Taylor?

I think that needs investigating.

I thought it a shame he didnt win, but delighted he came second, and delighted that he seemed so delighted as well.

Shame Amy Williams didnt come higher, I thought she looked fine.....

Back