• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SWF male pupil dies after PE lesson

Am currently in the Sixth form at Willie de, and the kid had a heart defect, which during warm up in a PE lesson around 10ish, caused him to collapse, the teacher, who is new to the school and had a problem with a kid havign a fit in the pool during his first week, tried CPR etc, there are hundreds of flowers lining the edge of the Sports hall today.
Hope that clears any rumours up, seeing as there's been plenty of BS about running into a wall. :dizzy:
That teacher unsuprisingly wasn't in today, poor sod.
This is along with 2 deaths of people who drowned in the river Crouch in different cases this week.

I know, been a sad week all round in that area. Commiserations to all who've been affected by this, terrible for all concerned - feel for the teacher too, it's not easy.

Kay,
In this case his heart condition was well known to family, friends and the school. There were lots of times where Jay had to sit out events/parties etc. because they would have over-exerted him but he happily sat them out and joined in when he could. I am unaware of what he was doing at the time of the incident so wouldnt like to comment without knowing the facts, all i know that is there are several hundred children and staff at Woolie D that are in shock today because of what has happened.

Adrian, that kind of makes it worse, if as Burnham Shrimper says the PE teacher was new to the school, and perhaps was not aware of this and the boy was forced into something he wasn't fit for, then there could be repercussions. I sincerely hope not for everyone's sake, but I wouldn't mind betting that's a teacher's career over - through personal choice.

The school statement said the PE teacher had done CPR too. Poor sod, must be going total hell.

when I said whatever happened happened i just didnt want to add to spec. Not sure if it was heart attack, collapse, fit or what.

The kids at my school all prayed for the family, the teachers and students at wdf. It's what we do even though it's not everyones cup of tea.

Adrian, that kind of makes it worse, if as Burnham Shrimper says the PE teacher was new to the school, and perhaps was not aware of this and the boy was forced into something he wasn't fit for, then there could be repercussions. I sincerely hope not for everyone's sake, but I wouldn't mind betting that's a teacher's career over - through personal choice.

Exactly what The Sun had clicked onto, make a story out of it, there was a van removed from the car park by staff as they were waiting for the arrival of the new teacher and the Swimming pool car park was staffed all day, who for obvious reasons didn't show.

I see what you are saying and agree to a certain extent but from what i know of him Jay wouldnt have done anything that he thought would have put him at risk regardless of any pressure placed upon him but i'm sure that there will be an investigation and IF necessary matters taken further. I truly believe at this moment in time it was just a terrible terrible accident.

Exactly what The Sun had clicked onto, make a story out of it, there was a van removed from the car park by staff as they were waiting for the arrival of the new teacher and the Swimming pool car park was staffed all day, who for obvious reasons didn't show.

Let me make it clear, I'm not suggesting anything at all. If the school has followed procedures properly and it is simply a tragic accident then in one sense that is the best that can be hoped for, it's if procedures have NOT been followed and anyone tries to apportion blame that problems will arise, and things will become unbearable for many of those involved.

Let me make it clear, I'm not suggesting anything at all. If the school has followed procedures properly and it is simply a tragic accident then in one sense that is the best that can be hoped for, it's if procedures have NOT been followed and anyone tries to apportion blame that problems will arise, and things will become unbearable for many of those involved.

I knew you weren't suggesting anything, but The Sun had turned up to clearly to attempt to make a story from the tragic accident, which I was trying to point out that it would've caused problems.

I knew you weren't suggesting anything, but The Sun had turned up to clearly to attempt to make a story from the tragic accident, which I was trying to point out that it would've caused problems.

I didn't think you thought I was, but I just wanted to make it QUITE clear before anyone else suggested otherwise.

I would like to echo the sentiments of most on this thread and pass on my heart felt condolences to his family and friends. My daughter who is in the same year and sat next to him in some classes as been in bits ,like most at the school really, all the staff, pupils and family in total shock.

I doubt that but if it's true they're in trouble as it's illegal now...

Just done a bit of checking around with a couple of mates I have who are PE teachers, and my brother who is training to become a PE teacher and this statement is bollocks.

My heart goes out to the Parents. Just the thought of it happening to my boy almost had me in tears, how they must feel I just can't imagine.

Back