• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not sure if this has been discussed already but almost choked on my hot dog when saw admission prices for Swindon in yesterday's programme.

£23, I'm sorry, for League One is daylight robbery.
Even concessions are £15...

So including train fare, beers and food on the day, programme etc, we're talking at least £70 for an away day...

How can Swindon justify this...?

Any thoughts people?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shepherd's Bush Shrimper @ Aug. 30 2005,11:57)]Not sure if this has been discussed already but almost choked on my hot dog when saw admission prices for Swindon in yesterday's programme.

So including train fare, beers and food on the day, programme etc, we're talking at least £70 for an away day...

Any thoughts people?
Thats almost the same price as the cheap seats as Cardiff were!

And as already mentioned, the justification for the price is Nicky Nics sunbed fees.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shepherd's Bush Shrimper @ Aug. 30 2005,11:57)]How can Swindon justify this...?
They can't.

Disgusting!

Because of the excessive £23 charge they will not be getting my £18 I'd usually happily part with.

It is very expensive. However if you buy your tickets directly from the Swindon Box Office in advance, there is a £2 discount. I bought 2 concessions at the County Ground on Saturday (I was working in Swindon that weekend) for a more reasonable £13 each. I believe the offer is available over the phone too.
STFC box office: 0870 4431894

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shepherd's Bush Shrimper @ Aug. 30 2005,11:57)]£23, I'm sorry, for League One is daylight robbery.

Any thoughts people?
Ed, seeing as you're only going to a few games this season, make sure this isn't one of them!

Voting with our feet is the only recourse we have in situations such as this....

If I was buying an adult ticket I'd baulk at the £23 charge, but I'll ring Swindon in the week to purchase a concession ticket.... the matchday price is only a quid less than the price of Scunny's adult tickets
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shepherd's Bush Shrimper @ Aug. 30 2005,11:57)]Not sure if this has been discussed already but almost choked on my hot dog when saw admission prices for Swindon in yesterday's programme.

Any thoughts people?
They charge £15 for home fans on the day, behind the goal.

I decided that they wouldn't be getting £23 off me ages ago!! I hear that fans from other clubs are also boycotting the place because they think that the prices are not justified!!

Thats pretty bad, i was tempted to go aswell.

Last time i went to Swindon Ricky Otto ran the ball from the half way line and scored a superb goal, was anyone else there that day ?

What an outrageous price. Was tempted to make the trip but as Sheperd's Bush said we are talking quite a bit here for an away day. Rather spend it down Bakers Bar!

biggrin.gif

Apparently £23 gives you the privilege of a seat bolted onto a terrace (with all the usual acres of leg room) - and it's uncovered!

F*$& that!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fish @ Aug. 30 2005,16:16)]Apparently £23 gives you the privilege of a seat bolted onto a terrace (with all the usual acres of leg room) - and it's uncovered!

F*$& that!
What you just described is the Stratton Bank Stand, which the Internet Football Guide describes as follows:

" ... a former terrace with rows of seats bolted on to it. This area is uncovered and has a clock above it as well as a small electric scoreboard."

However, the guide then says that:

"Away fans are located in the Arkells Stand at one side of the pitch, where up to 1,200 fans can be housed. This is an older stand with facilities to match, but at least you are under cover. If you are at the back of this stand there is one supporting pillar which may impair your view of the goal otherwise it is fine. You even get a view of some of the rolling Marlborough Hills beyond one corner of the ground! There is a small kiosk at the back of stand serving amongst other refreshments the delicious 'Football's Famous Chicken Balti Pie' (£2.20), but be careful when taking them back to your seat. The entrances to the seating areas are through large solid doors, and to compound matters they open out towards you!"

Only when a team takes a large away support (over the 1,200 quoted above) is the Stratton Bank End used (according to said guide).

Having said that, no matter which way you look at it... 23 quid for a Third Division match is a right rip-off.

Doubt many team's away support will require the Stratton Bank End at those prices.

Oh, reading on further... if the Stratton Bank End stand is used, it looks like full price tickets there are 15 quid... but not much use if it's not going to be given over.

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC4EVER @ Aug. 30 2005,14:48)]Thats pretty bad, i was tempted to go aswell.

Last time i went to Swindon Ricky Otto ran the ball from the half way line and scored a superb goal, was anyone else there that day ?
Yes, another 9908. I'm surprised you didn't notice them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Aug. 30 2005,16:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC4EVER @ Aug. 30 2005,14:48)]Thats pretty bad, i was tempted to go aswell.

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Aug. 30 2005,15:42)]
[b said:

I was there. But i won't be this time around, not at those prices. Sometimes you have to make a stand, however small.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ Aug. 30 2005,15:55)]Sometimes you have to make a stand, however small.
Like they've done at Layer Road, all the way round the pitch
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back