• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Swindon Preview

chapperzUK

Sorry if there is already one up but I couldn't see one.

I expect a similar team to the team that went to Hull but with White returning to the starting XI.

Mildenhall
Francis -- Heath -- Barrett -- White
Grant -- Macca -- JFC -- Moussa
Barnard -- Revs​

Last Season's Result : Swindon 3-0 Southend

This is how we lined up :
Mildenhall
Sankofa (Francis 71) -- Dervite -- Clarke -- Barrett
Betsy -- Grant -- Christophe (Scannell 71) -- Moussa
Barnard (Laurent 72) -- Robinson​

Unused Subs : Joyce, Herd.

Key Men :

Hal Robson-Kanu and Simon Cox scored against us on that day but they have moved on with Hal Robson-Kanu going back to Reading and Simon Cox moving to West Brom and without them they have only scored 3 goals (1 at home) and have conceded 7 goals (0 at home) so far this season.

They still have Paynter who scored against us on the reverse fixture of this last season, but thanks to goals from Revell and Laurent (his first goal for us I believe), we won 2-1.

Prediction :

I think we will get a 1-1 draw with Revell scoring after going behind.

Last edited:
Agree that it will be the team above.

I can see the drawing streak coming to an end in the league, which way it will go I have no idea. I would like to see Sawyer get at least 20 minutes though, to give us some creativeness in the middle...

All our promise will come to fruition in this fixture we will win, score will be 4-1

at least Cox and HRK are not there to score against us, but knowing us Paynter will have a great game and score 3

Have put this in the away travel section, but thought I'd ask here as well...

Does anyone know of any child friendly boozers near the ground?

Taking Smiffy Jr. Who is 4 years of age, so would like a decent boozer, near the ground that welcomes kids, preferably with a garden if possible, so he can run about and burn some energy off!.

The Tap & Barrell has been suggested to me...

Can easily see us not conceding with a very solid looking midfield. So im going for a hard fought 1 0 win, with Macca scoring.

Taking Smiffy Jr. Who is 4 years of age, so would like a decent boozer, near the ground that welcomes kids, preferably with a garden if possible, so he can run about and burn some energy off!.

The Irish pub near ground will be ok mate,but no idea the name.....3 games now she must be getting it good ;)

I'm not sure about Revs, he definitely looked in pain and was holding his calf after the 3rd substitution was made on Tuesday, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Betsy start for Grant.

Two average teams, think will cancel each other out and wouldnt be surprised if it was another draw. Would hope maybe we might have some movement in the transfer market tomorrow but unlikely.

Swindon's 2 new promising looking loan signings will help them get the win and we'll be miserable and despondent come 5pm on Saturday.

Hopefully I'll be wrong, but that's my instinct for this one.

Anything better than a draw will do me, I dont care about what the score is, as long as we win!

Can't remember the name but there's a friendly pub just up the road from the magic roundabout by the ground - take the exit with the chip shop on the corner and its a few hundred yards up.

Without HRK, Tudor-Jones and Cox they're much weaker than last season, even with the Celtic pair. Still Paynter's bound to get at least one.

Seems crazy to say it at this early stage but, such an important game. If we lose we will all be thinking, five games without a win but if we win it will be five games undefeated. Can't see it being another draw so its either going to be major doom and gloom or ecstacy on here at 5 tomorrow.

Seems crazy to say it at this early stage but, such an important game. If we lose we will all be thinking, five games without a win but if we win it will be five games undefeated. Can't see it being another draw so its either going to be major doom and gloom or ecstacy on here at 5 tomorrow.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Back