• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Switching Bank Accounts

Pubey

Hi,

I'll write a short explaination of what i need as i think my question is simple. if you need further info tho i can expand a bit

i want to switch my bank account from HSBC to Natwest. I understand that it's a simple process, take a few bits of id and sign some forms... and they sort out all the direct debits. however i get paid weekly from southend hospital and so will it automatically redirect my wage that comes in? i can't afford to miss out on weeks wages whilst the switch occurs

I'd keep them running in paarallel for at least a month until everything has gone through successfully. If you change account ID, I believe there's nothing they can do as employers to switch it.

Hi,

I'll write a short explaination of what i need as i think my question is simple. if you need further info tho i can expand a bit

i want to switch my bank account from HSBC to Natwest. I understand that it's a simple process, take a few bits of id and sign some forms... and they sort out all the direct debits. however i get paid weekly from southend hospital and so will it automatically redirect my wage that comes in? i can't afford to miss out on weeks wages whilst the switch occurs

yep the banks will sort it all but let your payroll know your new accout and sort code

ok but because i get paid weekly (i.e. last weeks wage will come in on friday) then what will happen with that? if they try to pay me but my old account is shut then what happens!?

I'd keep them running in paarallel for at least a month until everything has gone through successfully. If you change account ID, I believe there's nothing they can do as employers to switch it.

but because they are graduate/student accounts you aren't supposed to have more than one. and also it's probably easier to get them to do the transfer and sort my direct debits and me sort my wage instead of trying to do it all myself

can you not ask to get paid my cheque for a week?

i dunno really... salaries and wages at work are the most incompetent mugs ive ever met. it took them a month to change my bank account details last time so im a bit wary of doing it again. i think im going to leave it a bit and do it in a month or so once my finances are a bit more comfortable

Jon, let me know what they are like once you switch as I am a massive hater of HSBC and want to leave them but not sure what bank to switch to just yet.

but because they are graduate/student accounts you aren't supposed to have more than one. and also it's probably easier to get them to do the transfer and sort my direct debits and me sort my wage instead of trying to do it all myself

Don't worry mate, they're not exactly scrupulous people. I've had two for about three years now and I'm sure they must be aware of each other's existence seeing as I mentioned it on one of the application forms.

Incurring a monetary penalty would be stupid on their behalf and you'll easily have a month when they try to sort it all out.

Hi,

You dont wanna move to Natwest they are the worst bank in the world, used to work for RBS Group, and i cant belive how many corners they cut, and noone will take the blame for somethiong going wrong they just keep passing you to other people and you get no where.

Jon, let me know what they are like once you switch as I am a massive hater of HSBC and want to leave them but not sure what bank to switch to just yet.

Sam, if i was you i would do what iv just done and move from RBS to Halifax they change all your DD and your wages and do a good ISA plus they give you £100 once you paid in 2000 in 2 months

Back