• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question SZ Betting forum?

Would you welcome an extra forum for SZ Betting and the Saturday Gamble

• Total voters

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Would you be happy to see an SZ betting forum for all those who wish to discuss betting and the newly formed 'SZ Saturday Gamble' so it does not clog up so much space in the pub forum?

Personally, I feel the number of seperate forums at the moment is more than enough , however, as of the 16 only 2 have not had a post in the past day or so, they are all used.

However maybe a seperate forum is better than running threads because of the Moderation. I would imagine that as Gambling is an aged restricted activity that any Forum in place specifically for Gambling purposes or discussion would need to be 18+ and monitored very closly to ensure that this is not abused

Personally, I feel the number of seperate forums at the moment is more than enough , however, as of the 16 only 2 have not had a post in the past day or so, they are all used.

However maybe a seperate forum is better than running threads because of the Moderation. I would imagine that as Gambling is an aged restricted activity that any Forum in place specifically for Gambling purposes or discussion would need to be 18+ and monitored very closly to ensure that this is not abused

Good point mate

I notice the sticky in the pub now for betting. I think a forum would be needed to cover all the different betting activity.

Why? We're not actually placing any bets and no money is being exchanged? Are you implying you must be over 18 to comment on betting? That's like saying kids shouldn't talk about upcoming fixtures and who they think will win. Bit much IMO.

I must add, seeing as im 23 it doesn't affect me, just thought i'd add it though :)

Why? We're not actually placing any bets and no money is being exchanged? Are you implying you must be over 18 to comment on betting? That's like saying kids shouldn't talk about upcoming fixtures and who they think will win. Bit much IMO.

I must add, seeing as im 23 it doesn't affect me, just thought i'd add it though :)

I am saying that I am unsure of the legailities surrounding the specific designation of a forum solely for gambling purposes (and it being labelled as such)

Good for getting hot tips

www.online-betting-guide.com

Real punters discuss their opinions and you can have a virtual account online to see how you would do if you bet on what you think.

There are league tables divided by sports and updated monthly and overall to show successful punters. You can then access their profiles to see their tips that have won and any future tips or bets they have made.

Worth a scan as there are some very knowledgeable people on the site.

www.online-betting-guide.com

Real punters discuss their opinions and you can have a virtual account online to see how you would do if you bet on what you think.

There are league tables divided by sports and updated monthly and overall to show successful punters. You can then access their profiles to see their tips that have won and any future tips or bets they have made.

Worth a scan as there are some very knowledgeable people on the site.

Link dont work

Fair enough Scott - we'll discuss it again tomorrow but, as I've said, there's other issues to consider, not least the coming board upgrade. If we do anything, it's likely to wait until after then.

Just to be pedantic but we have 798 active members , the way i read the poll is

34 (4%) would welcome a betting Forum
6 (0.7%) would not welcome a betting forum
758 (95.3%) don't care

Do we really want a forum that over 95% of the Active members are not interested in

Just to be pedantic but we have 798 active members , the way i read the poll is

34 (4%) would welcome a betting Forum
6 (0.7%) would not welcome a betting forum
758 (95.3%) don't care

Do we really want a forum that over 95% of the Active members are not interested in

You are assuming of course that all the active members have read that particular thread.

Adding another forum wouldn’t really make much difference. If you didn’t want to look at it you wouldn’t have to. I suspect you are not a gambler FS, but its never too late to start. There are countess opportunities to throw away money here and you may be missing out!

You are assuming of course that all the active members have read that particular thread.

Adding another forum wouldn’t really make much difference. If you didn’t want to look at it you wouldn’t have to. Also, if Scott is running/modding it, then it's no extra work for the other mods. I suspect you are not a gambler FS, but its never too late to start. There are countess opportunities to throw away money here and you may be missing out!

Just had to add that bit in Steveo.

Back