• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question SZ Betting forum?

Would you welcome an extra forum for SZ Betting and the Saturday Gamble

• Total voters
Sorry, Scott, are you really suggesting that making you a mod would involve LESS work for us!!!?

hahaha Hey I am on here more or less 24/7 I see everything and its a bit like Dave Jobson better the devil you know

Besides power to reformed characters brings responsibility and reformation.

In the words of Del Trotter " you know it makes sense"

You are assuming of course that all the active members have read that particular thread.

Adding another forum wouldn’t really make much difference. If you didn’t want to look at it you wouldn’t have to. I suspect you are not a gambler FS, but its never too late to start. There are countess opportunities to throw away money here and you may be missing out!

True, I am assuming that those who would be interested in a betting forum would read a thread marked betting forum.... :P

That point is entirely irrelevant, as if it is in a general forum or pub the owners / mods have to monitor the posts anyway.

Ok i see your point, but that's why i said if Scott's a mod, then he can monitor it? It's fair to make him one, as it was he's idea. (A bloody good one at that)

True, I am assuming that those who would be interested in a betting forum would read a thread marked betting forum.... :P

Fair point FS, but they might not look on here every day.
Alternatively they might not be gamblers but think a new forum wouldnt make any difference to them and they could ignore it if they didnt want to look at it. Would mean they wouldnt vote either way - which they haven't - probably.

I had a catch up with a couple of the other owners last night and we've come up with the perfect compromise.

We will create a sub-forum for betting, but only on the condition that Jonny Stokes is the sole moderator. As a former employee of one of the world's biggest bookies and in his current capacity as a near-professional punter I can't think of anyone better. How'd you like that?

I had a catch up with a couple of the other owners last night and we've come up with the perfect compromise.

We will create a sub-forum for betting, but only on the condition that Jonny Stokes is the sole moderator. As a former employee of one of the world's biggest bookies and in his current capacity as a near-professional punter I can't think of anyone better. How'd you like that?

I like that a lot!! Uxbridge you are a legend. Top Bombing. Good work. When can we expect this to come to fruition will it coincide with the site upgrade/makeover.

I will use the forum regularly as will a few others no doubt. Jonny Stokes - Good work my man - has JS accepted? Next question - Who do I back in the 3.40 @ Kempton at the weekend? haha! Game on!

I like that a lot!! Uxbridge you are a legend. Top Bombing. Good work. When can we expect this to come to fruition will it coincide with the site upgrade/makeover.

I will use the forum regularly as will a few others no doubt. Jonny Stokes - Good work my man - has JS accepted? Next question - Who do I back in the 3.40 @ Kempton at the weekend? haha! Game on!

I think it really is time someone came up with a WHOOSH smiley to add to the others :D :D

Having attended the moderators' meeting last night, I am greatly looking forward to taking on my mantle as SZ's newest dictator. Mwahaha. Hahaha. Ha.

Seriously mods can something get sorted as I have just stuck up this weeks Saturday gamble thread and it would be nice to have our own forum that takes minutes to set up and what was voted for by over 80% of those that voted :)

Back