• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SZ.com Album of the Year

SZ.com Album of the Year - cast your votes!

• The Kooks - Inside In/Inside Out

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kasabian - Empire

• The Zutons - Tired of Hanging Around

• Arctic Monkeys - Whatever it is....

• The Automatic - Not Accepted Anywhere

• Muse - Black Holes and Revelations

• Guillemots - Through the Window Pane

• Ray La Montagne - Trouble

• The Fratellis - Costello Music

• Snow Patrol - Eyes Open

• Total voters

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
Off you go ladies and gentlemen....

Apologies if your nomination didn't make it, you can only have ten options for a poll.

not the best list but i think that is more the fault of the standard of music out this year... guillemots album for me because it is pretty different to a lot of stuff out and all the other albums seem very 2005 to me.. none of them are particularly groundbreaking for the artist (muse, kasabian, snow patrol, zutons are all safe albums)

pretty samey list alas.. i'm voting for Muse on the grounds that they're at least always good for a laugh, and show a certain degree of skill in ripping off Goldfrapp (and Britney's 'Do Somethin') on 'Supermassive Black Hole'.

I could probably arrange it if it was one of a couple of bands on there. I won't name them for fear of skewing the poll!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Dec. 24 2006,18:42)]Will a SZ representive be handing over an award to the winners?
Yes, at a star studded awards ceremony to be held in the back garden of The Spread Eagle. Possibly.

You missed out by far the album of the year!

PANIC AT THE DISCO!

Top 10

1. TV on the Radio - Return To Cookie Mountain
2. Guillemots - Through The Window Pane
3. Wolfmother - Wolfmother
4. Muse - Black Holes and Revaltions
5. Killers - Sam's Town
6. Beatles - Love
7. Pure Reason Revolution - The Dark Third
8. Razorlight - Razortlight
9. Vines - Vision Valley
10. Mastodon - Blood Mountain