• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who's your player of the season?

• Dan Bentley

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • John White

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Luke O'Neill

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adam Thompson

• Adam Barrett

Votes: 22 20.4%
  • Ben Coker

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • David Worrall

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Kevan Hurst

• Will Atkinson

• Ryan Leonard

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Gary Deegan

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Michael Timlin

• Anthony Wordsworth

• Stephen McLaughlin

• Myles Weston

• Sam McQueen

• Jack Payne

Votes: 54 50.0%
  • David Mooney

• Noel Hunt

• Tyrone Barnett

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
As mentioned elsewhere, it seems there will be no player of the season presentation at our final home game on Saturday, and it will instead be at the end of season gala dinner.

So who gets your vote?

For me, it's got to be Jack Payne. The most entertaining player by a mile this season, and has saved us time and time again by coming up with a bit of magic when it's looked like we can't score for love nor money. He has massively improved this season and proved (nearly) all of the doubters wrong. Really hope he's here beyond the summer, but we'll see.

I'd go for Dan second, whilst he hasn't been as impressive as last season, he's adapted well to a higher level and single handed it saved us points on numerous occasions, Coventry away, Peterborough away and so nearly Walsall away all come to mind.

Third I'd go for Ryan Leonard, he's the engine in our midfield and you could really tell his absence when he was out injured after the Derby. That absence also sparked our awful form which we still haven't really recovered from.

Polls are limited to 20 options, so have left out some of the loanees who have featured the least and the players out on loan.

I've gone with the follically challenged one. I genuinely thought that last season and Wembley was his swan song and he would get only an occasional outing this season. He proved me wrong, lasted the entire season, scored some vital goals, gave me some heart stopping moments when marking quick forwards and even got his own banner. How could I not go with the old chap.

Ryan Leonard for me, maybe to be a contrarian. Really missed him when he was injured, such a vital player for us now.

I would go with Ryan Leonard.
Too me he is the engine room of the side, and when that bar steward Gilbey put that tackle in on him.
That's when our season started to go i wont say wrong, but play off's were never going too be achieved.
Ryan could and i think will play at a higher level, he is still very young.

Second would be Dan A very very good goalkeeper at this level and will be missed when he goes.
Not as cconsitant this season as last.

Third would be Adam I for one did not think he had a full season in him, better with Bolger than Thompson.
Can have the turning circle of a Confrence player but he never knows when to give up.
A example too the rest and Tango at last has given him the armband.

Fourth
Jack Payne. Much better second half of the season and is one for the future.

Davis Worrall is probally are most underrated player

If I can't vote for George Elokobi I'll go for Ryan Leonard too. Just how vital his athleticism and application is for us was highlighted in his absence.

It's not looking good for, er, well most of them in truth!

Barrett Player of the Season. Jack Payne player of a couple of months towards the end.

I don't really think there is a clear winner this season, nobody has been consistently good. I've gone Lenny because I think over the whole season he has contributed the most. Payne has had some great moments and is obviously a massive talent but Lenny is more deserving IMO

A few months ago I would've said Leonard for consistency over the season but in the months since his injury, Payne has really come to the fore and shone out. He's improved a lot this season in terms of his decision-making and strength and I've not seen a player with his ability on the ball at Southend since Freddy. So my vote goes to Payne, Leonard 2nd and probably Bentley 3rd.

Back