• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you be interested in buying shares in the SZ/TZ player sponsorhip?

• Total voters

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
All,

the new season may be a few months away, but the club are already (!) looking to sell their player sponsorship packages.

ShrimperZone/TravelZone has, for the last few seasons, sponsored one of the first team and we're looking to see if people would be interested in clubbing together for 2011/2012.

We sponsored Sean Clohessy last year so will have first refusal on him. However, we may wish to hold fire to see if the club sign Lionel Messi.

Just to remind everyone, this is how it works. Overall, the sponsorship package costs about £400. People can buy 'shares' in the sponsorship at £10 a go and those 'shares' count as entries in to a raffle to win one of two prizes - either a signed shirt or day at the training ground with the players. ShrimperZone/TravelZone also get mentioned in every matchday programme and over the Tannoy whenever our chosen player scores at Roots Hall.

At the moment, this thread and poll is just to try and gauge interest. We won't be asking for any money for a good while yet.

Any questions, please ask

Thanks

Uncle Leo

When do i get a chance to buy a share, or do i have to see if any of last years sponsors drop out first ??

When do i get a chance to buy a share, or do i have to see if any of last years sponsors drop out first ??

If you want in, I'm sure it won't be a problem. Last year, the SZ owners and Wino (in particular) made up the shortfall. I'd be pleasantly surprised if we got 40 people all pledging a tenner.

I'll be in for £20 incidentally and if my 'ticket' comes out first, we'll re-draw.

I'm in, not bothered who for particularly, happy with Clohessy but would prefer someone like Corr :thumbsup:

I'm in, not bothered who for particularly, happy with Clohessy but would prefer someone like Corr :thumbsup:

Agreed Kay, but whoever sponsored Barry Corr last season will get first refusal. It's also worth noting that 'bigger' sponsors, i.e. those who sponsor two or more players, are likely to get first dibs on new signings.

I was fortunate to collect MK Shrimper's Clohessy shirt on his behalf last year and therefore have lunch at the training ground.
It was a very good day, so definitely count me in please.:thumbsup:

Thanks to those who have responded so far. The club gave me a little chase up call today, so I thought I'd give this thread a bit of a bump.

I would be interested in helping out , maybe a few shares if you come up short . Would like Morris sponsored , but happy to go with the majority .

Looks like we'll go ahead with Sean Clohessy now, but if you've not voted yet, worry not. I'll start asking for readies next week once all is confirmed with SUFC

Back