• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is Paul Clark one of the greatest 12 figures in SUFC history?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unfortunately this thread is reflecting badly on the original excellent concept by YB. My view is that Clark should be in there without a doubt, but if he loses this vote, so be it, its not for lack of effort (especially with thanks to OBL and her championing of the worthy cause).

Equally, you cant really criticise posters for holding a view having seen him play or posters going by the testimony of others or what they have heard and voting no. The creation of other profiles, or rounding up other posters with little interest in this board does seem a pity as it is only going to serve to skew the true view of the board. My Girlfriend has registered with this site for about 5 months but would have no idea who clark is so I havent asked her to vote.....otherwise it just comes down to who can be more bothered to try to rig the vote, and that's a shame and doesn't really seem to be in the spirit of what we are trying to achieve.....recognise the true greats from our history.

At the end of the day if he gets enough votes he is in.
One member, one vote was what was agreed.
For those that havent seen him or any other player, play then it comes down to personal testomies from those who have.
OBL has put effort into to pursuading voters to vote for him, and the same should be allowed for the no camp if thats what they want to do.

At the end of the day if he gets enough votes he is in.
One member, one vote was what was agreed.
For those that havent seen him or any other player, play then it comes down to personal testomies from those who have.
OBL has put effort into to pursuading voters to vote for him, and the same should be allowed for the no camp if thats what they want to do.

Agree with that, thems the rules and whatever results they produce is what they produce!

Still a hero for me though! :)

Unfortunately this thread is reflecting badly on the original excellent concept by YB. My view is that Clark should be in there without a doubt, but if he loses this vote, so be it, its not for lack of effort (especially with thanks to OBL and her championing of the worthy cause).

Equally, you cant really criticise posters for holding a view having seen him play or posters going by the testimony of others or what they have heard and voting no. The creation of other profiles, or rounding up other posters with little interest in this board does seem a pity as it is only going to serve to skew the true view of the board. My Girlfriend has registered with this site for about 5 months but would have no idea who clark is so I havent asked her to vote.....otherwise it just comes down to who can be more bothered to try to rig the vote, and that's a shame and doesn't really seem to be in the spirit of what we are trying to achieve.....recognise the true greats from our history.

Exactly the point. I have canvassed people to consider the matter and vote for PC if they feel so moved, but I HAVEN'T canvassed those who I feel would have no real knowledge of the matter in hand.

My son and Lucky Derek both read Shrimperzone avidly, but neither have registered. I could easily get them to register and vote, but I haven't because again I feel that isn't in the SPIRIT of what the Hall of Fame is all about.

This just means that the unscrupulous can always block a candidate if they want to and I am afraid that has undermined the whole concept for me.

Ok, final bump I think.......last 15 minutes before this closes, as I see it he is 3 votes short. So, if you can find it in your hearts and your minds, please cast a "yes" vote to put Paul "The Viking" Clark into our Hall of Fame for reasons already gone into numerous times throughout this thread.

There are some noteable absentees from the voting, so please, if that's you, and you know that your dad/your uncle/your grandad or whoever would approve of this then cast your vote on their behalf.

Thank you.

More gutted than I can say, some people obviously have very high standards as to what constitutes a legend.

It's a replay of the first vote. Hence why it's democratic. I think people just got their knickers in a twist. It's only a messageboard.

If something is worth doing (and YB spends a lot of time on this) it is worth treating with respect. Those in favour have not, to the best of my knowledge, spent time persuading dormant or new posters to vote, they have treated it as a bit of fun. Those against seem to have gone to a lot of trouble to ensure that they get their own way. I would suggest it is they who are twisting knickers, et.

If something is worth doing (and YB spends a lot of time on this) it is worth treating with respect. Those in favour have not, to the best of my knowledge, spent time persuading dormant or new posters to vote, they have treated it as a bit of fun. Those against seem to have gone to a lot of trouble to ensure that they get their own way. I would suggest it is they who are twisting knickers, et.

Do you need a hug?

Back