• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tactics

Bucks_blue

Manager
My opposition for my next league game playes a 4-5-1 with his full backs playing defensively and his wingers playing offensively.

With normal tactics.

I'm training defending and have solid or excellent experience in the follwing formations:
5-4-1
5-3-2
4-4-2

What formation should I play to allow me to get as much possesion as possible and therefore increase my chances of winning.

What are your full-backs' PM stats like? If OK, then you could play them Normal, which would boost midfield ratings.

Possibly 5-4-1 with three IMs and one winger Towards Middle; and then AIM (if you're any good at that).

But with only one up front, I don't know whether it will boost your chances of winning...

rock.gif

Matt

As a defender trainer your defence should be your strong point, he's only playing one up front but is presumably a PM trainer with a very good midfield. Have you considered counter-attack?

Otherwise 5-4-1 with 3 IMs and any central defenders with stamina and play-making offensive.

MtS, do full-backs contribute to the midfield or wing? I can never remember.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ June 08 2005,16:28)]MtS, do full-backs contribute to the midfield or wing? I can never remember.
I think (but am not 100% sure) that if you play your full-backs as "Normal" or "Towards Middle" it boosts your midfield rating; and if you play them "Offensively" it boosts wing attack ratings...

rock.gif

Matt

Nah, full backs defensive help wing defence, towards middle helps central defence and offensive helps wing attack. I don't think full backs can boost your midfield rating (though if they have strong playmaking they will help indirectly I think), only offensive central defenders and defensive forwards can do that.

Another angle on the game is that you forget the wings, play your best defenders defensively at wing back to try to nullify his wing attacks and go 5-3-2 AIM with 3 IM's. It's worked for me before and gives you more of a goal threat.

I have played AIM once before and my experience with it is up to weak. Will this have much of an adverse effect on my performance do you think?

I stand corrected!

defensive
strengthens wing defence
weakens wing attacks

offensive
strengthens wing attacks
strengthens midfield a little bit
weakens wing defence

towards middle
puts weight on central defence
weakens wing defence and attacks

My pressing skill is weak and it doesn't stop me closing games out!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ June 09 2005,08:52)]I have played AIM once before and my experience with it is up to weak. Will this have much of an adverse effect on my performance do you think?
I think the AIM refers to your skill at using that tactic, rather than your experience.

The fact that you have only played it once before, should not be relevant, the fact that your players could do with a bit more passing, may be.

I however have virtually no experience with AOW or AIM, so can't help you any further.

Back