• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Taking he signs on...

What do you make of the new signing?

• Delighted! Think his going to do great.

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Pleased. We need a new striker.

Votes: 27 42.2%
  • Disapointed. Not what we need.

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Wait and see. Ive had high hopes before.

Votes: 23 35.9%

• Total voters

BaileytheQuitter

Spelling Guru
How does everyone feel about the potential signing of Lee Barnard?

Im delighted we have been able to attract this sort of player, will give him my full backing and hope he produces the good.

COME ON YOU BLUESSSS!

Fair enough...
Tiger%20Hug.jpg

Has never impressed me when i've seen him and can't say im excited about the signing... I'll give him the chance he rightly deserves and the time to settle in, but people banding him about as the solution to our problem are going to be disappointed i'm afraid.

In my opinion 5'10 is not tall enough for what we are looking for, though I will reserve my judgement until I actually see him play (if he signs).

On what I've seen in the past and on his record, I'm not too thrilled at all as I said before when his name cropped up. So I'm going with the wait and see answer.

HOWEVER. I will give him a chance and I am looking on the positives that he must have something if Tottenham kept him on so long and also that he's scored so many goals against Prem reserve teams. £75,000 won't be a massive loss if he's a dud, unlike the stupid money we've paid for poor strikers recently.

Has never impressed me when i've seen him and can't say im excited about the signing... I'll give him the chance he rightly deserves and the time to settle in, but people banding him about as the solution to our problem are going to be disappointed i'm afraid.

Exactly, he's probably a half-decent player but he's not the 6 foot 3 experienced centre-half that we need to replace Clarke.

I sincerely doubt that he's worse that the strikers we have here already, however I've seen a whole lot worse that Hooper, Harrold and MacDonald in the not too distant past... :p

Ok, he can be worse then what we have, but as he at least has some sort of scoring record with Spurs reserves lets hope thats an indication he is better :)

Ok, he can be worse then what we have, but as he at least has some sort of scoring record with Spurs reserves lets hope thats an indication he is better :)

Indeed - although I remain unconvinced by the claim that premier league reserve football is of greater standard that League One (where's the competitive edge?) at least he appears to know where the net is and all that! ;)

i would prefer to take a chance on a youngster rather than gettoing some old pro in (unlike Wayne Rooney perhaps)

Back