• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

From what you have said in terms of the food & drinks provided, being an ex departmental H&S manager for an international hotel chain, I can only guess it was a surprise visit from the local H&S inspectors, not a planned one obviously, otherwise they would have been on it and given the kiosk a spring clean.

Im guessing, in order to shut it down it would have been slightly to do with the cleanliness, and most likely the heating of the pies being un-sufficiant, or possibly vermin droppings were found also? especially if food was stored there (especially where chocolate is lying around).
To be fair, it's very common in all sports stadiums as there is a food to be found either on the terraces or elsewhere, and they get left alone for 6 days a week. Personally im just surprised that they didnt re-open it, as when the H&S officers pick up on their issues, (they kind of give you a yellow card so to speak & give the business 6 weeks to recitfy the issues before there return to check). Im guessing the club shut it down through their own choice.

I hope i didnt put you off your Sunday Roast :smile:

And in no way, am i suggesting this is the case in terms any of Roots hall's outlets. It's more likely it wasnt profitable.

It was more to do with the electrics if I remember rightly.

I had a surprisingly good burger from the little tea bar in Block X yesterday. The bar on the other hand was a joke. Let people cram in and after 15 mins get to the bar to be told pre-orders only, wtf is that all about ? Anyone with half a brain would have had 150-200 pints pulled and lined up ready to go, take the cash and on to the next punter, we must have lost a fortune due to incompetence.

The main bar in the East was operating on a "one out one in" as it was rammed. As other have posted our poor old ground is creaking and groaning in its old and tired age.

The West bar was a total fiasco, we had pre-ordered, and pre-paid for, drinks for half-time only to find that when half-time arrived a large number had not been prepared. Chaos ensued, not helped by some people giving up and just taking drinks willy nilly which caused even more confusion. At one point the entire staff were pouring only pre-ordered drinks and no other orders were being taken.
We finally got our drinks two minutes after the second half kicked off. :stunned:
We then thought we'd make the best of a bad job and finish our drinks in the bar while watching the game on the small TV feed as we obviously couldn't go back into the stands with our beers. :thumbsup:
We were then told that we couldn't do that as the bar has to close and be cleared by five minutes after kick off so we were forced out the back to be left with the choice of dumping our beers to go back and watch the game or gulp them down quickly while missing game time.:sad:

I'll solve the problem the next time we get a crowd over 7000 by keeping my money in my pocket.:sad:

Mind you the Spread was no better, got in there after the game to find they had no ales left, gave up and went elsewhere. :'(

The West bar was a total fiasco, we had pre-ordered, and pre-paid for, drinks for half-time only to find that when half-time arrived a large number had not been prepared. Chaos ensued, not helped by some people giving up and just taking drinks willy nilly which caused even more confusion. At one point the entire staff were pouring only pre-ordered drinks and no other orders were being taken.
We finally got our drinks two minutes after the second half kicked off. :stunned:
We then thought we'd make the best of a bad job and finish our drinks in the bar while watching the game on the small TV feed as we obviously couldn't go back into the stands with our beers. :thumbsup:
We were then told that we couldn't do that as the bar has to close and be cleared by five minutes after kick off so we were forced out the back to be left with the choice of dumping our beers to go back and watch the game or gulp them down quickly while missing game time.:sad:

I'll solve the problem the next time we get a crowd over 7000 by keeping my money in my pocket.:sad:

Mind you the Spread was no better, got in there after the game to find they had no ales left, gave up and went elsewhere. :'(

I am quite surprised that the club do not have a tent/awning like cover built and ready and use it just to serve beer, lager and coke from. One behind the West and another in the main car park ny the shop. Just for the bigger few games - there must be better ways to grow the "spend" per fan than are being done now. A few mobile burger bars paying a site fee would help?

I am quite surprised that the club do not have a tent/awning like cover built and ready and use it just to serve beer, lager and coke from. One behind the West and another in the main car park ny the shop. Just for the bigger few games - there must be better ways to grow the "spend" per fan than are being done now. A few mobile burger bars paying a site fee would help?

They had such a tent at my last visit to Yoevil - home and away fans mingling happily. :thumbsup:

I would spend more at the club if it didnt mean a 20 minute queue just to get a cuppa.

Me too mate, IF you could get served at the bar and if they had some beer (not changing barrel/off/sold out) before and after game. At half time a hot tea or bovril - and a decent pie or hot dog.

By the time I have completed the 'excuse me' dance to everyone in the row in T block and carefully extracted myself to the aisle it's too late for tea anyway as the queue for drinks seems endless. Then I have to do the same 'excuse me' dance back to my seat. Only then to do the 'balancing on the ledge' exercise, smiling nicely at the people behind me, whilst someone is doing the 'excuse me' dance past me. I love half time me. I've resorted to taking a bottle of water in with me now days. I've found that the water bottle can have a dual role if I need the loo and don't want to do the 'excuse me' dance.

Eeeeew RHB!... Way to early in the morning to be having visions of you depositing your bodily fluids into a water bottle!
Mental note to self... no point in taking the Orange Lucazade into work today! :smile:

I hope you take it home with you? if not... dont you think the stewards have suffered enough this week already!! :smile:

Ok people, had a bit of a chat about this yesterday....removing the cafe in the West has been considered but the costs mean it's prohibitive at this stage.

They are looking in to doing something in the very near future to improve things, including bringing back some mobile vendors....watch this space.

Blimey you dont hang around.

Good point about the mobile drinks vendors though, I always thought that was a good idea, and was wondering why they dropped it in the 1st place.
Granted sometimes the temperature wasnt up to standard on a friday night game in winter, but during a 3pm kick off it was my preffered choice, as apose to waiting in a line until the 50th minute to get a drink.

Also, is it just me, but there used to be programme selllers doing the lap of honour during the game & at half time, which was also another additional money spinner for the club (well for me anyway) as I usually ended up finding my seat about 3 minutes before kick off, so never had the time to get a programme (due to either issues at the ticket office or being forced to having to take my medicine in the railway tavern prior).

Ok people, had a bit of a chat about this yesterday....removing the cafe in the West has been considered but the costs mean it's prohibitive at this stage.

They are looking in to doing something in the very near future to improve things, including bringing back some mobile vendors....watch this space.

Red refreshment trays around pitch side again yay ! :happy:

Dad, dad can I have some money please?

How would mobile vendors work ? Are you allowed to have cans in the ground ? Don't lids have to be removed from bottles before selling ? Saying that, tea and coffee in plastic cups could work well.

Back