• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How would mobile vendors work ? Are you allowed to have cans in the ground ? Don't lids have to be removed from bottles before selling ? Saying that, tea and coffee in plastic cups could work well.

I think Health & Safety means they have to have lids on nowadays, which is a good thing. Can't be nice to be sitting in your seat, and a guy in the row above spills boiling hot tea or coffee down your neck, when making his way back to his seat with the drinks.

How would mobile vendors work ? Are you allowed to have cans in the ground ? Don't lids have to be removed from bottles before selling ? Saying that, tea and coffee in plastic cups could work well.
I would anticipate soft drinks and snacks - are they still removing bottle lids at present? I know they did a while back but thought they'd stopped. We did used to have hot drinks vendors around the ground, not sure how it worked exactly though!

By the time I have completed the 'excuse me' dance to everyone in the row in T block and carefully extracted myself to the aisle it's too late for tea anyway as the queue for drinks seems endless. Then I have to do the same 'excuse me' dance back to my seat. Only then to do the 'balancing on the ledge' exercise, smiling nicely at the people behind me, whilst someone is doing the 'excuse me' dance past me. I love half time me. I've resorted to taking a bottle of water in with me now days. I've found that the water bottle can have a dual role if I need the loo and don't want to do the 'excuse me' dance.

I thought you were going to say by the time you had extracted yourself along the aisle and climbed the steps to the top of the stand, you had forgotten why you were going in the first place...!

We did used to have hot drinks vendors around the ground, not sure how it worked exactly though!

You put some money in, press the numbers of the drink you want...It drops a cup down, makes a whirring noise, pours the drink into the cup, a little plastic door opens...and hey presto ! your drink is right there in front of you :winking:

I thought you were going to say by the time you had extracted yourself along the aisle and climbed the steps to the top of the stand, you had forgotten why you were going in the first place...!

Forgotten what?

You put some money in, press the numbers of the drink you want...It drops a cup down, makes a whirring noise, pours the drink into the cup, a little plastic door opens...and hey presto ! your drink is right there in front of you :winking:

No!!! The people walked around with backpacks on containing the water and dispensed hot drinks - no whirring or doors involved!

No!!! The people walked around with backpacks on containing the water and dispensed hot drinks - no whirring or doors involved!

And no fingers stripped of skin by those incredible thin plastic cups that have the rigidity of a wiggly worm.

Exactly this. Think of the Ghostbusters, only dispensing hot water from a kit on their backs, instead of Ektoplasm.... however some may cast doubts on this exact statement.

To be fair, if memory serves me, the tea and coffee wasnt to bad, it was just the watery hot chocolate (that never tasted of hot chocolate until the last sip, when you discovered a big lump of extra sweet chocolate paste stuck to the bottom of the cup, that had the tensile strength of "no more nails" superglue). :smile:

Back