• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Teach yourself Hungarian - Lesson 1

CC51DAS

President
Here's a choice phrase to learn before Saturday ...

KHOORVA ANYAT

Don't worry about the translation - it wouldn't pass the filter anyway !

Just learn it and practice it so that you can shout it out everytime that Hungarian Mothersucker goes anywhere near the ball .

I promise you Kiraly looked a little surprised !

I used to have a Polish boss (Close to Hungary) and he was always saying Khoovra whenever something went wrong.

Never asked him what it meant though, but I guessed it began with an F

Here's a choice phrase to learn before Saturday ...

KHOORVA ANYAT

Don't worry about the translation - it wouldn't pass the filter anyway !

Just learn it and practice it so that you can shout it out everytime that Hungarian Mothersucker goes anywhere near the ball .

I promise you Kiraly looked a little surprised !

Never gonna remember that so i've just typed it into my phone.I suggest we all do this so we can get a chant up on Saturday.These Hungarians are gonna wonder what the hell they've walked into.

I used to have a Polish boss (Close to Hungary) and he was always saying Khoorva whenever something went wrong.

Never asked him what it meant though, but I guessed it began with an F

The other word, wrongly spelt (I've been told) means whore.

Pina is the C word in Hungarian!!

The other word, wrongly spelt (I've been told) means whore.

Pina is the C word in Hungarian!!

Spot on - think phonetically the spelling is OK - but yes it does literally mean 'your mother is a whore' I believe, but is used more along the lines of mothersucker in the way we use it .

ETT is right about the Polish guy too - That expression is widely used across Central Eastern Europe - what is even more surprising (yawn) is that the word has found its way into common usage in Hungarian which does not resemble the other languages and has different roots

BTW , when we play Poland - sorry I mean Southampton - don't shout Super Dupa to Rasziak as he blazes one wide - it means 'nice ar5e' :D

Rajczi had a good chuckle at this while defending the back post from a corner .

Keep practising - will be handy again this coming week-end

Back