• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Team changes last night

lucus

Coach
What is everyone's opinions on the 5 changes Tilson made last night? As ever Dudfield and Bramble linked up well with a good understanding in the first half. Edwards was solid, putting in good blocks where needs be. Hunt I thought was OK and Nikki played really well and was deadly with his whipping crosses...

Well it certainly gives tilly some food for thought, i mean the first clean sheet in god knows how many games says something about the team that was put out last night.

If we can make our defence more solid we have a very good chance of getting out of this god for saken division.

smile.gif

Don't forget Maher came back from suspension too...
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Dec. 01 2004,09:15)]Don't forget Maher came back from suspension too...  
wink.gif
Agreed. We play better when he's there.

So people, naming no names, Matt, should stop slagging him off saying that he's crap etc
biggrin.gif

Apologies for forgetting Maher. Thought he did a great job in the first half, switching the play and creating space. Exactly what we didnt do on friday.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ Dec. 01 2004,09:18)]Apologies for forgetting Maher. Thought he did a great job in the first half, switching the play and creating space. Exactly what we didnt do on friday.
I noticed you said that Maher did a great job in the first half.

What happened to our performance in the 2nd half? Did we play poorly? Did we shut up shop? Did Northampton simply play well?

It was hard to gauge the match, listening to The Cobbler's commentary. The commentator's were terrible. Thy didn't know any of our players names, said Bramble spends time covering as a defender sometimes, and debated whether our goal was scored by Gower or Petts for a while, before realising it was Petts!

They were taking the game seriously, until mid-way through the 2nd half when the game seemed to be slipping away from them and they started to say "Oh well, it's only the LDV cup!".

They really failed to convey the nature of the game... especially in the 2nd half.

had a hard job deciding who was man of the match last night. great team performance. great save by bart late in the first half, from where i was sitting i thought it was in !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Dec. 01 2004,09:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ Dec. 01 2004,09:18)]Apologies for forgetting Maher. Thought he did a great job in the first half, switching the play and creating space. Exactly what we didnt do on friday.

What happened to our performance in the 2nd half? Did we play poorly? Did we shut up shop? Did Northampton simply play well?

It was hard to gauge the match, listening to The Cobbler's commentary. The commentator's were terrible. Thy didn't know any of our players names, said Bramble spends time covering as a defender sometimes, and debated whether our goal was scored by Gower or Petts for a while, before realising it was Petts!

They were taking the game seriously, until mid-way through the 2nd half when the game seemed to be slipping away from them and they started to say "Oh well, it's only the LDV cup!".

They really failed to convey the nature of the game... especially in the 2nd half.
Hmmmm I think in the second half they began to boss us a little more in the midfield, plus little breaks went their way eg 50/50 headers fell to them and they started to use their space more effectively. I thought also when our defenders made challenges they cleared the ball long to the 2 front men instead of using our midfield.... but we were 2 nil up and defended really well, which was exactly what we needed to do, maybe we could of done with a bit more of the ball but the result was achieved with Northampton only having a couple of shots all game

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Dec. 01 2004,09:29)]
[b said:

Could be a debut appearance for a sufcintheprem match report on SOL... Watch this space (or maybe that one).

Sadly I half promised them an exclusive.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ Dec. 01 2004,09:30)]had a hard job deciding who was man of the match last night. great team performance. great save by bart late in the first half, from where i was sitting i thought it was in !
MOTM - probably would have to be barrett. Can't say enough good things about the player.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Dec. 01 2004,01:29)]
[b said:

I couldn't believe how terrible the commentary was yesterday. The ones on BBC Essex never have a problem with players names, regardless of which team they're on.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chaco27saf @ Dec. 01 2004,10:22)]I couldn't believe how terrible the commentary was yesterday. The ones on BBC Essex never have a problem with players names, regardless of which team they're on.
Especially as we never really looked like losing the lead. We were playing in the comfort zone for most of the second half.

"It's only the LDV" is the most annoying phrase I've heard, especially for a league 2 team.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Colorado 26, Nebraska 20
biggrin.gif

Man, guess they did bring in those oversized goals that they were looking at in the US before. That must have been some football match!

Back