• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

team for luton

shrimper dan

Coach
who would you play against luton remembering bailey will be back and morgan cant play.
mine would be
collis
hunt-barrett-clarke-hammell
moose-bailey-macca- gower
macdonald-harrold

. Collis

Francis Richards Barrett Hammell

Moussa Macca Bailey Gower

Hooper Harrold

If the players could promise to keep it in the deck I would swap Harrold for Macdonald.

who would you play against luton remembering bailey will be back and morgan cant play.
mine would be
collis
macdonald-harrold

I would play Maher in front of the back 4 and switch to 4-4-2 after about an hour .

If it doesn't work hopefully someone will give me £2.5m .....

mine would be
collis
macdonald-harrold

I'd agree with that spot on...

although I think we will see Hooper start ahead of MacDonald, and perhaps Tilly might try and accomodate Maher which may see Moussa drop to the bench.

I'd go 4-5-1 with the big man up front alone, it really, really works well. I'd go for a really inexperienced 'keeper, with a back four that barely know each others names, and have the experienced back four in the dressing room before the game so that the 'new lot' know that this is a one game and your out moment.

darryl -

francis clarke barrat hammell

macca bailey maher gower

harrold hooper -

- reckon Hooper will get another chance upfront - he has ability but not sure he has a the right head to be a natural finisher -

without a wide right player (Black) might as well get Maher back as Moussa
out wide is not quite right and the Moose has probabley benefitted as much as he can from another couple of games ..

and get Francis in to push on down the right -

and get Darryl in cos altho Collis is tall hes no better in the air and we all know Darryl is absolute magic - Collis made an error so time to give the shirt up -

tempting to get Richards back in but hes goingto get games sooner or later so rush

I'd get Hartson in on loan with a view to permanent signing in January (if he's willing to drop down to L1 - he turned down Chester this week 'cos L2 was too big a drop) and play:

Collis*
Hunt Clarke Barrett Hammell
Francis** Bailey Macca Gower
Hartson MacDonald

* Daryl has a long wait to get his place back
** Can't do any worse than Moussa and at least he'd be able to cover if Hunt gets forward/goes AWOL.

I'd get Hartson in on loan with a view to permanent signing in January (if he's willing to drop down to L1 - he turned down Chester this week 'cos L2 was too big a drop)

I'd have agreed with this last year but no way now. Have you seen the size of him? He was the size of a bus whilst on loan at Norwich and even "tactical genius" Roeder saw that & shipped him back quick smart to West Brom!

Collis -

Francis Clarke Barratt Hammell

Macca Bailey Maher Gower

Harrold Hooper

Or any other line-up that doesn't have Moussa and Hunt in it.

Moussa will be great, I'm sure of it but he isn't great yet, and definitely not at right midfield. he can do a job but IMO i would rather bring back kev and play 451-433 away at luton with hooper/macdonald on one side and gower on the other

Moussa will be great, I'm sure of it but he isn't great yet, and definitely not at right midfield. he can do a job but IMO i would rather bring back kev and play 451-433 away at luton with hooper/macdonald on one side and gower on the other

Bring back Kev? What as in Kevin Maher?

He played last game, although you might not have recognised him, as he had a bit of a shocker.

I don't think Moussa makes a particularly good right-midfielder but even he had a better game last week than Maher! Therefore I'd go:

Collis

Francis Barrett Richards Hammell

Moussa McCormack Bailey Gower

Harrold MacDonald

Back