• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Team for Saturday will Francis be dropped for Clarke

Should Francis be dropped on Saturday for Clarke or Barrett

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There will be a new player signed before Saturday and he will be in the starting line up. There will also (possibly) be another signing before Saturday and he will be on the bench).

This is like a ****ing bad dream. I even found myself gutted yesterday to read James Walker was not fit. What is going on.

Its a joke that we cant name enough players on the bench. I dont even think it happened to me when I played senior league let alone a pro club.

We have 48 hours to go (baring in mind we have just lost 29 days with minimal action) and the squad is **** poor and thread bare.

I commented a while back that I thought Francis had the makings of a decent right sided midfielder, on account of the fact he spends most of his time there when he is supposed to be defending. Trouble is, in reality, he isn't suited to that role at all.

After witnessing his performances there a while back, it was obvious there is a huge difference between an attacking full back and a right sided midfielder. He was nowhere near as effective, and really created little of any great worth.

We are so devoid of creativity, we surely have to go into this game with two attacking wide men, in Betsy and Scannell. I didn't go to Elland Road the other night, but it sounded like Scannell was a bit of a revelation when he came on, and let's be honest, he has never really been given a chance with us. We have the option of Christophe and Grant/Moussa in the centre, that picks itself at the moment, but let's not have Grant on the right, as whenever he plays there, we are unbelieveably ineffective on that side of the pitch as an attacking force.

As for Clarke and Francis, well Peter Clarke is our regular centre half, and IMO it would be the best decision to bring him back into the fold - it's not like we've been rock solid in his absence, far from it.

The only question in my mind then is if you replace Sankofa with Francis at right back - I can't say as either are that appealing, and neither are what you would call solid. The only advantage Francis has is he is capable of overlapping and whipping in crosses, and again, with our lack of goals and goal creating players, anything that enhances the chances of us scoring has to be considered.

We need our experienced players back, so I reckon that the team will be:

-----------------Mildenhall-----------

Sankofa-------Clarke---Barrett-----Herd

Francis--------Macca---Jeff----Scannell

---------------Barnard---Robinson

Subs: Joyce, Moussa, Betsy, Grant, Ademeno

Disagree with that actually, I thought he did a decent job. In fact, I'm not sure we even lost a game with Clarke in midfield. Most notably, of course, he started there against Man U...
/quote]

In fact we lost successive league games to Leeds, Hull and Wolves with him in the midfield.

My line up for Saturday would be:

Mildenhall
Sankofa Francis Clarke Barrett
Grant McCormack Moussa Herd
Robinson Barnard (if fit)

May look strange but Francis deserves to stay at centre half and split up the Clarke/Barrett combination.
Barrett should still start as we need all the character and experience we can muster at the moment.
Herd would give us balance down the left side, comfortable on the ball and good going forward and we still have his throws.

Youve left out Moussa completely OBL. I would think Macca would be on the bench and Moussa will play in the middle. Moussa is a far better passer and has played some decent throughballs in the last few games, hopefully Theo can link up with him. Would also think Betsy would play despite his poor form.

Youve left out Moussa completely OBL. I would think Macca would be on the bench and Moussa will play in the middle. Moussa is a far better passer and has played some decent throughballs in the last few games, hopefully Theo can link up with him. Would also think Betsy would play despite his poor form.

Moussa would be my second name on the team sheet after Mildenhall. He gives us something that no-one else in the squad can.

Ooooops! Oversight completely, kept looking and thinking I'd missed someone out. Bench in place of Betsy and first on.

In the light of today's developments - do we know if Jeff is definately suspended or not?

Mildenhall
Sankofa, Clarke, Dervite, Barrett
Franno, Macca, Jeff, Scanell
Robinson and Barnard

subs: Joyce, Herd, Moussa, Betsy, O'Keefe (or Upson if signed)

mildy

clarke francis dervitte barrett

scannell moussa jeff herd

theo barney

subs who cares never get on until too late

Back