• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Team for Saturday!!!!

blue heaven

Coach
With a fit squad apart from walker and Revs what would be your starting 11.
Not sure if i would bring Grant in however Tilly is starting to have faith in the lad.

Mildenhall

Sankofa Dervite Clarke Barrett

Francis Macca Christophe Moussa

Freedman Robinson

Subs: Joyce, Grant, Barnard, Laurent, Herd

Grant had been playing well since coming back into the side but I wouldn't bring him straight back into the starting line up as I believe in not changing a winning team but we know Tilly sometimes works in mysterious ways.

Last edited:
I still don't like Moussa on wide left. Not his position at all but there's no alternative.

Keep it the same as Brizzle Rovers, but I would like to see how herd would cope at left mid at some point during the game

Mildenhall
Sankofa Clarke Dervitte Barrett
Scannell Moussa McCormack Grant
Robinson Freedman

Subs: Francis, Christophe, Betsy, Barnard, Laurent

Moussa has to play central. I'd reluctantly pick McCormack to partner him, as despite his form, he probably balances Moussa best. Grant isn't ideal, but would play left midfield tucking in to add an extra body to the midfield battle. Him and McCormack could be inter-changed during the game depending if we are attacking or defending more. Christophe is the odd man out.

Scannell has to play as the closest we've got to someone who can provide some flair and width in midfield. Ideally we'd sign the new Mark Gower on loan and Grant would go right midfield in the Pettefer/Bentley role.

If things aren't working out and we are struggling to create chances, Francis could come on for Sankofa to help provide some width down the right. Barnard can be used as fresh legs for Freedman. Betsy could come on for Scannell is Scannell has a mare.

Sub keepers are rarely used and that bench position can be occupied more usefully by an outfield player.

I still don't like Moussa on wide left. Not his position at all but there's no alternative.

There is... even with Tilly's penchant for sticking with a winning team. Many people here (including me) have talked about the need for creativity in midfield; several people here have talked about Moussa providing it; fewer have talked about playing Macca wide on the left... but this is an alternative. Personally, I'd like Herd there, but I don't pick the team...

Mildenhall
Sankofa Dervite Clarke Barrett (c)
Moussa Cristophe McCormack
Laurent Freedman Robinson

Subs: Joyce Herd Barnard Grant Scannell

I like this formation. Laurent and Robinson running the flanks and channels with Freedman moving across the front. McCormack and Moussa will need to tuck in and give support to the full backs but could work well!

I like this formation. Laurent and Robinson running the flanks and channels with Freedman moving across the front. McCormack and Moussa will need to tuck in and give support to the full backs but could work well!

Yes, I agree, trouble is it's not really a Tilly like formation is it?

yep Moussa has to start in the centre, imo he is head and shoulders above all the other candidates i.e Christophe, Macca and Grant.

Last edited:
GK:Mildenhall
RB:Sankofa
CB:Dervite
CB:Clarke
LB:Barrett (c)
RM:Francis
CM:Macca
CM:Christophe
LM:Moussa
ST:Freedman
ST:Robinson

Subs: Joyce, Grant, Barnard, Laurent, Herd

Is what I expect. Would like to see a diamond midfield with Christophe was the holding player and Macca in the more free attacking midfielder role.

----------Mildenhall-----------
Sankofa-Clarke-Dervite-Barrett
------JFC--Macca--Moussa---
Laurent(if fit)--------Robinson
---------Freedman-----------
Subs: Joyce, Herd, Grant, Scannell, Barnard

mildy
sankofa
dervitte
clarke
barrett
jfc
grant
moussa
herd
theo
freedman

subs
joyce
barney
macca
laurent
scannell

My team for Saturday is pretty straightforward - barring any sudden arrivals!

Mildy
Sankofa, Clarke, Dervite, Barrett
Franno, Macca, Jeff, Mousse
Theo and Dougie

Bench - Joyce, Barney, Grant, Scannell, Herd (I reckon Laurent needs a bit longer and maybe a reserve game before inclusion)

Back