• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Teams coming up from NL South and North..

It is about time they put a stop to 3g pitches Do i rember the EFL made grounds rip up such pitches .And made clubs revert to grass pitches .If correct maybe the national leauge should follow suit 3G Piches are for hockey not football .

To extend my season watched a tense and irritable Isthmian Premier league Semi final play off last night between Chatham and Horsham. A sell out 3000 turned up
Horsham dominated the match as did the fussy ref with I think 9 bookings
Extra time arrived with “ the Chats hanging on and defending 11 corners desperately and 2 posts rattled
The home fans dreaming of a third promotion in a row to the National league south, feeling they deserved it after finishing
second in the league, behind the astonishing Hornchurch, automatically promoted with 100 points amassed !!
10 minutes left of the second period of extra time, Yila belted down the right wing, delivered a great cross, headed back across the goal and headed in to the rapture of the home hoards behind the goal
They think it’s all over, until with around 2 minutes on the clock Worthing smash a bullet of a worldly into the net
And so to penalties and Chats keeper take's one to blast it high and wide, then makes 2 very good saves
As I stand to watch the final possible moment, wondering if I could get home by 11,30 pm, Yila steps up to knock in his 10 th trade mark penalty in and 21st goal, to assure another full house and play off Final, for Chatham which I must attend early , to get a ticket , as the online service doesn’t work
God I love this game

To extend my season watched a tense and irritable Isthmian Premier league Semi final play off last night between Chatham and Horsham. A sell out 3000 turned up
Extra time arrived with “ the Chats hanging on and defending 11 corners desperately and 2 posts rattled
The home fans dreaming of a third promotion in a row to the National league south, feeling they deserved it after finishing
second in the league, behind the astonishing Hornchurch, automatically promoted with 100 points amassed !!
10 minutes left of the second period of extra time, Yila belted down the right wing, delivered a great cross, headed back across the goal and headed in to the rapture of the home hoards behind the goal
They think it’s all over, until with around 2 minutes on the clock Worthing smash a bullet of a worldly into the net
And so to penalties and Chats keeper take's one to blast it high and wide, then makes 2 very good saves
As I stand to watch the final possible moment, wondering if I could get home by 11,30 pm, Yila steps up to knock in his 10 th trade mark penalty in and 21st goal, to assure another full house and play off Final, for Chatham which I must attend early , to get a ticket , as the online service doesn’t work
God I love this game
Not sure three team football matches will catch on. :Winking:

God I love this game
I was at the game too and yours is a very accurate description of the game.Horsham were definitely the better side but that's football.Im going to the final on Monday.Me and my mate both used the online ticket service with no problems

It is about time they put a stop to 3g pitches Do i rember the EFL made grounds rip up such pitches .And made clubs revert to grass pitches .If correct maybe the national leauge should follow suit 3G Piches are for hockey not football .
I can't see this happening more and more clubs are going 3G and with all the benefits you can see why

I can't see this happening more and more clubs are going 3G and with all the benefits you can see why

Agree. I don't think you should have 3G at professional level football however 3G for the majority of non-league clubs is the way forward, not only does a 3G pitch prevent postponements and all the costs associated with them, but also they generate a lot of money from pitch hire for community use - which in turn can drive clubhouse takings up.

My preference is for grass pitches, but in the wider non-league game it's almost a no-brainer to have a 3G pitch if the funds are there to install it.

Reactions: tia
Agree. I don't think you should have 3G at professional level football however 3G for the majority of non-league clubs is the way forward, not only does a 3G pitch prevent postponements and all the costs associated with them, but also they generate a lot of money from pitch hire for community use - which in turn can drive clubhouse takings up.

My preference is for grass pitches, but in the wider non-league game it's almost a no-brainer to have a 3G pitch if the funds are there to install it.
Certainly Is in Essex we have Heybridge,Billericay,Bowers.Avaley.Harlow.Barking on 3G pitches plus I think Redbridge are going 3G too.They are very practical and here to stay at certain levels of football

Certainly Is in Essex we have Heybridge,Billericay,Bowers.Avaley.Harlow.Barking on 3G pitches plus I think Redbridge are going 3G too.They are very practical and here to stay at certain levels of football
I believe Brentwood Town are installing one as well. They really need it too, the pitch at the Brentwood Centre is notoriously boggy in winter thanks to their proximity to the A12 and the drainage problems that brings.

Reactions: tia
Ref #225 above, didn't " 2 Posts Rattled" used to play at The Smack or was it the Peter Boat in Old Leigh? Great name that.

There's nothing wrong with 3G/4G - if everyone has them!
The problem arises when a club like Bromley get a 10m bounce in the box that leads to a second goal against Altrincham.
They're used to it.
BTW, most pitches are now 4G and nothing like the plastic at Luton and QPR in days yore.
If weather like this winter becomes the norm; one can see more clubs reverting to synthetic surfaces. I wonder what Halifax think right now?

Chorley was my preferred choice from national North but Boston Is a new ground for me and I have done Brackley and it wouldn't be great with a full away end

Back