• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Teams coming up from NL South and North..

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Who would we like to see coming up from the divisions below.

National league South.

Yeovil look set for a quick return

In the play off positions are two Essex sides in Braintree and Chelmsford with Avely just outside.
Worthing
Bath
Hampton and Richmond
St Alban's make up the rest.

National league North.

Tamworth top the league
Scunny
Chester
Alfreton
Brackley
Boston
Chorley make up the rest.

One of the Essex sides would be good although getting tickets to any of them would be nightmare. St albans and Hampton Richmond are also quite close. Bath is also a great weekend away.

Personally like to see Chester come up. Just because it's a cracking away weekend.
I know nothing about Tamworth other than it's a quaint market town.

Shows how far we have fallen that we could realistically be playing Avely in the league !!!

Who would we like to see coming up from the divisions below.

National league South.

Yeovil look set for a quick return

In the play off positions are two Essex sides in Braintree and Chelmsford with Avely just outside.
Worthing
Bath
Hampton and Richmond
St Alban's make up the rest.

National league North.

Tamworth top the league
Scunny
Chester
Alfreton
Brackley
Boston
Chorley make up the rest.

One of the Essex sides would be good although getting tickets to any of them would be nightmare. St albans and Hampton Richmond are also quite close. Bath is also a great weekend away.

Personally like to see Chester come up. Just because it's a cracking away weekend.
I know nothing about Tamworth other than it's a quaint market town.

Shows how far we have fallen that we could realistically be playing Avely in the league !!!

Two pigs called Butch and Sundance.

It's all I've got.

Personally I'd like to see the former EFL teams start the climb back. So the Iron, Chester and Yeovil plus Bath (because it would be a good away weekend).

The view of the pitch at Chelmsford's ground is horrendous when segregated, there's no elevated position to see over the running track (or at least there wasn't when I last went to a segregated game there). Much rather have Braintree come up out of the Essex sides. St Albans and Bath both have lovely old-school grounds so would welcome either of those. One of those three plus Yeovil (who are surely not going to let their lead slip now).

As much as I have sympathy for Scunny fans, it's a terrible place to visit; Chester's ground is both depressing and in a dump of an industrial estate ages from the town so they can stay down too. Boston have lost the rather splendid York Street and play in a 3-sided meccano ground on the outskirts of town so it's a no to them as well, while visiting Brackley will likely garner a similar view to Wealdstone and Maidenhead unless they have done significant work on their stadium.
Tamworth I think are in a similar position to Yeovil and won't blow it now, so I guess Chorley for the other team, it's a bit of a trek but the town has decent pubs and Victory Park is a grand old ground and the away terrace has a decent height to it.

The view of the pitch at Chelmsford's ground is horrendous when segregated, there's no elevated position to see over the running track (or at least there wasn't when I last went to a segregated game there). Much rather have Braintree come up out of the Essex sides. St Albans and Bath both have lovely old-school grounds so would welcome either of those. One of those three plus Yeovil (who are surely not going to let their lead slip now).

As much as I have sympathy for Scunny fans, it's a terrible place to visit; Chester's ground is both depressing and in a dump of an industrial estate ages from the town so they can stay down too. Boston have lost the rather splendid York Street and play in a 3-sided meccano ground on the outskirts of town so it's a no to them as well, while visiting Brackley will likely garner a similar view to Wealdstone and Maidenhead unless they have done significant work on their stadium.
Tamworth I think are in a similar position to Yeovil and won't blow it now, so I guess Chorley for the other team, it's a bit of a trek but the town has decent pubs and Victory Park is a grand old ground and the away terrace has a decent height to it.
I can't even think how Chelmsford away would work. In NLS teams get a stand behind the goal. I assume that would be given to Southend and then would they segregate the main stand?

I can't even think how Chelmsford away would work. In NLS teams get a stand behind the goal. I assume that would be given to Southend and then would they segregate the main stand?
It was a while ago but I went there when Billericay played Chelmsford in the Isthmian play-offs, Billericay brought almost a thousand fans so they were segregated. They gave Billericay the side of the pitch opposite the main stand, where there is that small seated area about 5 rows high, with no access to the temporary terraces they use behind the goals. The view was awful.

Looking very likely that a trip to Tamworth awaits us next season.Chorley or Alfreton would be my preferred choice from the national North for the other promotion place

Yeovil and Bath will do me fine thanks.
Not for me in Yeovil's case.
Great ground; nice folk, but a 'mare of a journey by public transport. The Huish is nowhere near the train station.
It's 140 miles as the crow flies from me in Cornwall, and you still can't get there and back by train in a day.
Would have liked Torquay, but that's not gonna happen. Truro would be even better - but that's certainly not going to happen!
Bath sounds good...

Back