• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Teams coming up from NL South and North..

Tamworth look favourite to win NLN and on current form South Shields would be likely to go up with them. Although 6th, they have won their last 5 games out of 20 wins and have the leagues top scorer in Paul Blackett with 26.

Tamworth are as good as promoted, they only need a few points. I think South Shields' wobble in the middle of the season will cost them, as most of the play-off contenders have a game in hand over them. Yesterday's loss against Curzon won't help either.

Brackley Town are the side in form at the moment having gained 13 points from the last 15, with Boston close behind in the form table with 12. Brackley have form in bottling the play-offs though, so I'd fancy Scunny, Chorley or Boston.

Yeovil had their game abandoned yesterday (albeit while losing) however Chelmsford pretty much extinguished their slim chance of catching them by contriving to lose 1-0 at relegated Dover. Farnborough - who are just outside the top 7 - are the form team in the NLS with 15 points out of the last 15, with Maidstone nipping at their heels in the form table with 13 out of 15. Our fellow Essex side Chelmsford are absolutely rubbish at play-offs; since 2006-07 they've been in 10 play-off campaigns (1 in the Isthmian Premier and 9 in the Conference (NL) South) and have failed to be promoted on each occasion.

Your dad can call it what he likes. I was brought up in Romford, when it was Essex. Like it or not, it's now the London Borough of Havering. Dagenham is even nearer to the City of London.

Likewise, I was born and bred in Romford, till I moved away in my twenties.

But to me, it was ways essex.
Ways, Romford Essex.
Same as Dagengam, and same as Ilford if you want.

But funny enough when you head under the M25 southend bound, that is where you see the blue Essex road sign, to show you are entering Essex.

But yes, dagenham, romford etc, are all essex to me.

Tamworth are as good as promoted, they only need a few points. I think South Shields' wobble in the middle of the season will cost them, as most of the play-off contenders have a game in hand over them. Yesterday's loss against Curzon won't help either.

Brackley Town are the side in form at the moment having gained 13 points from the last 15, with Boston close behind in the form table with 12. Brackley have form in bottling the play-offs though, so I'd fancy Scunny, Chorley or Boston.

Yeovil had their game abandoned yesterday (albeit while losing) however Chelmsford pretty much extinguished their slim chance of catching them by contriving to lose 1-0 at relegated Dover. Farnborough - who are just outside the top 7 - are the form team in the NLS with 15 points out of the last 15, with Maidstone nipping at their heels in the form table with 13 out of 15. Our fellow Essex side Chelmsford are absolutely rubbish at play-offs; since 2006-07 they've been in 10 play-off campaigns (1 in the Isthmian Premier and 9 in the Conference (NL) South) and have failed to be promoted on each occasion.
If Bromley do go up, that's one artificial pitch we'll gladly be shot of, but if the likes of Tamworth get promoted, we'll have more artificial pitches to contend with next season.

I wonder how many artificial pitches might be coming up to the NL.

If Bromley do go up, that's one artificial pitch we'll gladly be shot of, but if the likes of Tamworth get promoted, we'll have more artificial pitches to contend with next season.

I wonder how many artificial pitches might be coming up to the NL.
Not too many I think. Of the promotion / play-off contenders:

- Tamworth: 3G
- Scunthorpe: Grass
- Chorley: Grass
- Brackley Town: Grass
- Alfreton Town: Grass
- Curzon Ashton: Grass
- Boston United: Grass
- South Shields: Grass

- Yeovil Town: Grass
- Chelmsford City: Grass
- Braintree Town: Grass
- Maidstone United: 3G
- Worthing: 3G
- Hampton & Richmond Borough: Grass
- Bath City: Grass
- Farnborough: Grass

This looks a lot better than I feared.

As unlikely as it now looks, and their artificial pitch and limited facilities notwithstanding, I would still like Dorking to escape the drop, as I think they play the game in the right spirit and I like the cut of their owner/manager's jib.
Agreed. It's also a nice, close town with decent hostelries. However, the view of the pitch is abysmal.

One club wishing they had a 3G pitch is Truro City who this week start a run of eight home matches in 15 days. This wouldn't be quite so bad if a home match didn't mean a near 400 mile round trip to Gloucester where they play their home matches sharing Gloucester's 3G.

Likewise, I was born and bred in Romford, till I moved away in my twenties.

But to me, it was ways essex.
Ways, Romford Essex.
Same as Dagengam, and same as Ilford if you want.

But funny enough when you head under the M25 southend bound, that is where you see the blue Essex road sign, to show you are entering Essex.

But yes, dagenham, romford etc, are all essex to me.

Exactly. London can overspill and claim various places as much as it wants.

Unless you have a London postcode starting E/S/W or N then you ain't London.

Back on Thread.

Yeovil and Tamworth look odds on.

I'd love to see Chester sneak the play offs and come up from the North. Great city and away weekend.

I'm the south. Braintree would be good, tickets would be a nightmare as would Chelmsford.

Hampton and Richmond would be another decent away day..

Such a shame what's happening down in Torquay. Great place to visit.

Of the 'plastic pitches', players seem to feel boreham woods is head and shoulders above others and possibly one of the best in the league even including grass pitches. Undoubtably due to the arsenal money ploughed into the pitch for their women. Looks like it won't be in our league next season.

From a very selfish point of view up here at my home in Lincolnshire 16 miles from Boston, it would be handy to have Boston United promoted. However, even though their old ground in the middle of the town (that some of you would have visited back in the days when the likes of Lawrie Dudfield and Leon Constantine were our chief strikers) is still in existence, it has been awaiting non-football-related "redevelopment" for several years and the club has a new, smaller purpose-built ground on the outskirts of the town that would probably not cope with big numbers of away supporters. Although Scunthorpe is in North Lincolnshire, it is 40-odd miles from me but the Scunthorpe fans deserve their club being promoted after going through a very real danger of it going out of existence earlier this season. They won the fight to keep their club alive.

Exactly. London can overspill and claim various places as much as it wants.

Unless you have a London postcode starting E/S/W or N then you ain't London.

Back on Thread.

Yeovil and Tamworth look odds on.

I'd love to see Chester sneak the play offs and come up from the North. Great city and away weekend.

I'm the south. Braintree would be good, tickets would be a nightmare as would Chelmsford.

Hampton and Richmond would be another decent away day..

Such a shame what's happening down in Torquay. Great place to visit.
Braintree would potentially be a 1,500+ capacity for Away fans

Of the 'plastic pitches', players seem to feel boreham woods is head and shoulders above others and possibly one of the best in the league even including grass pitches. Undoubtably due to the arsenal money ploughed into the pitch for their women. Looks like it won't be in our league next season.

It is a grass pitch, surely ?

They have a plastic training pitch.

If we are chasing a player from chelmsford .Then if they miss out in the playoffs it could help us get said player if inded we want him.

Back