• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Teams coming up from NL South and North..

Only ever been to Tamworth once, when my kids were little. We went to Drayton Manor as they had a Thomas (the Tank Engine) theme thing going on.

Toot, toot !!!

Chelmsford missed an opportunity to close the gap. I see Bury are in with a decent shout of promotion this year to level 8, home crowds of 7-800

Chelmsford missed an opportunity to close the gap. I see Bury are in with a decent shout of promotion this year to level 8, home crowds of 7-800
They're in Level 8, but yes, good crowds.

PS I assume you meant Bury Town rather than Bury FC who are indeed at Step 9 (but whose chances of promotion are far better than a "decent shout" and crowds are far bigger (eg 3,000+ for a recent 10-1 home win).

Last edited:
Scunny going up would be ideal for me, they remain a proper full time club so they should be walking that league.

Chester would be good too.

From the south Yeovil are all but up, a local Essex club would be a nice too

Not for me in Yeovil's case.
Great ground; nice folk, but a 'mare of a journey by public transport. The Huish is nowhere near the train station.
It's 140 miles as the crow flies from me in Cornwall, and you still can't get there and back by train in a day.
Would have liked Torquay, but that's not gonna happen. Truro would be even better - but that's certainly not going to happen!
Bath sounds good...
You can’t even get to Devon and back in a day from Cornwall

They're in Level 8, but yes, good crowds.

PS I assume you meant Bury Town rather than Bury FC who are indeed at Step 9 (but whose chances of promotion are far better than a "decent shout" and crowds are far bigger (eg 3,000+ for a recent 10-1 home win).
Bugger! I did a Google search on Bury attendances having looked at tables separately. Didn’t spot the faux pas on the output thanks for correcting. Those crowds are probably better than when they were a regular league team. Apart from the infamous game which saw a record 213,000 away fans travel to see us clinch promotion bettered only by the first Cardiff final when half a million of us went

It looks like Tamworth and Yeovil have all but sealed promotion now.

Chelmsford, and Braintree looking certs for a play off spot. Aveley may sneak in too.

If col you come down, there could be 4 Essex sides in the national league.

It looks like Tamworth and Yeovil have all but sealed promotion now.

Chelmsford, and Braintree looking certs for a play off spot. Aveley may sneak in too.

If col you come down, there could be 4 Essex sides in the national league.
It could only be 3 with Chelmsford, Braintree and Aveley looking to go up via the play offs? Colchester also have a couple of games in hand (granted not points on the board) but I think they'll stay up.

They play in a London borough. I have to pay a ULEZ charge if I drive there. Any further proof required?

No London postcode, if you send a letted you will put Dagenham Essex.

I was born in what's now a London borough and still consider myself an Essex boy. My dad lives in Havering and still classes it as Essex. He was born in east London.

Just because it's in a London borough doesn't make it London.

They play in a London borough. I have to pay a ULEZ charge if I drive there. Any further proof required?

In purely football terms they are affiliated to Essex County FA and play in the Essex Senior Cup (usually for longer than we do).

I was born in what's now a London borough and still consider myself an Essex boy. My dad lives in Havering and still classes it as Essex. He was born in east London.

Since 1965 it’s been London, according to the law. If people feel they are from Essex, that’s fine… but it is still London.

I enjoyed using Middlesex when I lived in Enfield. My in laws were still fiercely protective and used Middlesex when they were still living in Tottenham

Tamworth look favourite to win NLN and on current form South Shields would be likely to go up with them. Although 6th, they have won their last 5 games out of 20 wins and have the leagues top scorer in Paul Blackett with 26.

Although nothing to do with promotion a remarkable turnaround for Kings Lynn who looked dead and buried 2 months back.

I follow more of NL than I do FL and certainly more than PL. I can’t remember the last time I watched a game or even highlights. Money and the incompetence of VAR application have killed top level football as far as I’m concerned.

Your dad can call it what he likes. I was brought up in Romford, when it was Essex. Like it or not, it's now the London Borough of Havering. Dagenham is even nearer to the City of London.

Back