• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Telling comment from Steve Coppell

Yes I made a point, if I hadn't made it clear I was fishing people would still have grabbed the bait.

Time to move on. That Steve Coppell, eh? He knows a comment to make when he, er, makes one doesn't he!?

Sounded like quite an honest assessment (unlike some other opposing managers down the years!). It tallied pretty well with Luggy's comments. I'm quite surprised at the poor start City seem to be making under him though to be honest...

Yes I made a point, if I hadn't made it clear I was fishing people would still have grabbed the bait.

you caught 7 ......dont try to hide it with the fishing comment.....was u moaning when tillys tactics took us past man u in the same competition?......i think not

Last edited:
oh well you have got to hand it to Stirup - he is managing SUFC in League 2 at the age of 53 - Tilson was doing it in his thirties

I've made my feelings about Tilly quite clear, yes he is the clubs most successful manager and I loved him down here but it went so stale last season (on the pitch) and the change was needed.

Stale? Doesn't that mean something has to be left unattended for a period of time? We didn't have the luxury of anything being left unused as tilly had all resources withdrawn.
You can only accuse tilly of being unable to feel the shove in the back martin was giving him for the last sux months.
Oooo, juicy worm on that hook.must have a nibble!

Back