• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TERRY ALDERTON to give interview...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Oct. 12 2004,20:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 12 2004,21:03)]People, get over it, its publicity.
Couldnt agree more, they even got the Sky Cameras down and its a Non Contract basis. MAybe this is the clubs way of saying thank you to Terry for promoting the club with realisation that it will get media exposure

Alderton Signs
Exactly. He's done excellently during the last week and its a great way to please him, as it would please any of us to be signed a 'non-contract basis' ...

Kev

To be fair I don't think the reaction would be as such if we'd already signed a "proper" keeper. Then we could say it really is publicity.

At it stands at the moment, he is the only registered keeper. I know it's only Tuesday, but if things go wrong we could easily see him on the bench, and maybe even playing!

I don't mind the gesture, but question the timing.

actually this is terrific for the club. Haven't people heard the adage, "there's no such thing as bad publicity".
Followed of course by the signing of a recognised keeper tomorrow and then a tearful Terry A talking about how this was the closest he's ever got to heaven.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bigdel @ Oct. 12 2004,20:00)]If its true Im disgusted,and if he's on the bench,then I will   not be renewing my S/t next season,Im not paying for a monkey to be on the bench,publicity or not.
You sound like a great bloke mate, a bag of laughs. Since when did Terry Alderton, a real Southend United man and the only bloke who ever even mentions us on telly, deserve to be described as "a monkey"? He does all the Blues Days, Tilly's testimonial etc for free and does nothing but good for our club. You never see him on the box these days without us getting a mention or him wearing the shirt. I guess if he reads your post and thinks you speak for a lot of people he'll wonder why the f**k he bothers at all......

I think it's a great idea personally! it raises the profile of the club and let's face it... we could be chanting lines such as "who's the joker in the goal? Who's the Jooookkkeeerrrr in the goal?" on Saturday.

If we're leading with a few minutes to go, why not?
biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

UP THE SHRIMPERS!
cool.gif

great bit of work from the club if he doesnt play, we could do with the extra numbers through the turnstyles

Publicity is good yes but personaly I think the club has YET AGAIN! proved its a joke! We need a good class goalkeeper for saturday we are playing Swansea and if we win we are looking very strong lets not throw it away people!

TrueBlue (and others...) - calm down, I think you've all missed the point.
Terry Alderton has said he doesn't expect to play and my guess is we will have a 'proper' Keeper in by Saturday. But maybe Tilly has learned his lesson about not having a spare keeper on the bench just in case. I'd rather have the knowledge of having at least someone on the bench than having to worry about an outfield player having to fill the void in that worst-case scenario.

He said on the radio that he was at the Hall as a trainee so prehaps he's matured in to a world class keeper and the comedic side was just a cover. That's it, Frankie Banks soccer schools are a secret research programme that just takes a bit of time?
I can't wait for our new star right back me thinks it could be Tarbuck.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (basildon bandit @ Oct. 12 2004,22:51)]He said on the radio that he was at the Hall as a trainee so prehaps he's matured in to a world class keeper and the comedic side was just a cover. That's it, Frankie Banks soccer schools  are a secret research programme that just takes a bit of time?
I can't wait for our new star right back me thinks it could be Tarbuck.
tounge.gif
Ken Dodd for Manager !

Please be careful what you type , he's bound to read this in his lunch break in our accounts dept.
biggrin.gif

Alderton Set For Shrimpers Role

It has also mentioned on Talk Sport radio too, now surely if this was a windup Scriv would of made an appearence by now.

What is Tilson doing though?!, A keeper on loan from the conference would be a better option than sticking Terry Bloody Alderton between the sticks on Saturday!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]What is Tilson doing though?!, A keeper on loan from the conference would be a better option than sticking Terry Bloody Alderton between the sticks on Saturday!

He won't be in the sticks come saturday.

Chill out guy's.

Imaging how well he would want to peforme 'IF' he does come on at any stage?

Wonder if it would be worth oing to boots and laces tommorow to see how he trains!!!!!!!!!

Wiggy... you up for it?

rock.gif

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Oct. 13 2004,00:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]What is Tilson doing though?!, A keeper on loan from the conference would be a better option than sticking Terry Bloody Alderton between the sticks on Saturday!

He won't be in the sticks come saturday.
Why do i have a horrible feeling that will come to haunt us, At the end of the day we are playing a good side who will be looking to bag 3 points, if we can get some thing from the game then we can really push for a play off spot. And a half decent GK behind the sticks could make all the difference.

This club is already a joke to alot of people in and around Southend without having a comedian in goal.

I just hope we don't see him on the pitch doing that stupid dance, that will scar my kids for life.

No offence meant terry
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Bruce Shrimpsteen
Born to Shrimp

seriously, how easy will it be to sign a keeper for one match ? has to ba publicity stunt, did anyone see the goal terry let in on sunday night. very poor !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Oct. 13 2004,02:01)]And a half decent GK behind the sticks could make all the difference.
Unlike you, I'd wager that Terry at least knows it's much better to stand 'between' the sticks!

rock.gif

People going way over the top. Didn't see Terry in action Sunday, but from reports he looked the part. He won't start Saturday, maybe will be on the bench, but will definitely not start. It would be managerial suicide. I genuinely think he would be a better option on the bench than Morgan. Ryan Robinson played last year against Hull before he was ready to play in the first team and it wrecked his career. Morgan is apparently a very promising keeper, but we don't want to destroy his confidence whilst he is so young. If Alderton comes off the bench and has a mare - one game lost. That's all. Terry will never play again and that would be the end of that. People forget that we played 45 minutes with Tes in goal. Did the flood gates open? Give Terry a chance on the bench and bring in a loan keeper this week.

Back