• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thank You Ron Martin! …… Controversial Or Not?

It seems we now have a decent management team, CEO, scouts etc...however, the main problem still remains. Our finances are shocking and Ron hasn't given us any indication of how and when they are likely to improve (however, somehow we've managed to find some £'s to make some signings). The projected cashflow forecasts for the stadium haven't materialised so we're still snookered. I don't see why the Ron Out campaign should stop, just because we've had a few decent results ? It just stengthens his argument that fans are fickle, and provided the teams is getting results, they're content with how the club is being run.
Im quite content with how this club is presently being run ,RM has taken a step back and allowed the three Amigos and the 3 Musketeers to run and administer the club , they together have a 3 year project ,and believe it or not at present i would say they have exceeded their aspirations and are ahead of their schedule, long may it last, we are on the way up after a few years of misery.The supporters are on the way back ,we have made some excellent signings and the team is united and playing not just for the supporters but for each other and the management. Now you tell me seriously ,dont you believe the times they are a changing.

And yet there were still plenty of people who did and still think that this was wrong.

The same people who would have sat on their hands and done nothing and allowed Ron to just see us fall further into obscurity.

I'm convinced that public displays on the pitch and off it we're hugely significant in getting us to where we are today.

We have a decent hierarchy at the club now and we are starting to bear fruit.

This would never have happened with Ronald pulling all the strings alone and essentially making all the decisions like a dictatorship.

Not only are we starting to see a more positive club but we are now starting to see more bums on seats. Regular 6k + and beyond can only benefit the coffers.
I have to say that I wasn't in agreement with the pitch invasion. I understand why it happened, but that doesn't make it right; but in any event, I would say that on that day, Mr Collymore's full time rant on the radio and subsequent meetings and calls with Ron had way, way more effect that anything the fans have done.

In fact, I would go as far as to say that if he hadn't have intervened, both in the summer and after the Chesterfield game, we would still be in the bottom three and looking destined for the drop, no matter how many pitch invasions took place. It is Stan who has been the catalyst for change, not a few people on the pitch and/or a Martin Out banner. And it is also the type of change that has been instigated, not just change for the sake of change.

I'm not thanking Ron Martin for anything, it is precisely his responsibility for us being where we are, but all he can ever do is own it, put it right and then make damn sure it never happens again if at all possible.

He seems to be doing that at last... but the reason isn't because of a pitch invasion.

Crickey a few wins in non league football and all the last few seasons of purgatory are forgotten……not by me……ever
Me neither. Anyone who forgets is a numpty IMO. I'm still fully expecting another embargo in the not so distant future. We're one tax bill away from ruin again. I've been sitting here for weeks waiting for a story to come out regarding Ron not paying players etc or something along those lines. After all, we're doing well and the place is a positive one for once, Ron won't like him not being the centre of attention. That being said, we still can't pay ticket staff workers or even get everyone their season ticket which is a disgrace.

Last edited:
I have to say that I wasn't in agreement with the pitch invasion. I understand why it happened, but that doesn't make it right; but in any event, I would say that on that day, Mr Collymore's full time rant on the radio and subsequent meetings and calls with Ron had way, way more effect that anything the fans have done.

In fact, I would go as far as to say that if he hadn't have intervened, both in the summer and after the Chesterfield game, we would still be in the bottom three and looking destined for the drop, no matter how many pitch invasions took place. It is Stan who has been the catalyst for change, not a few people on the pitch and/or a Martin Out banner. And it is also the type of change that has been instigated, not just change for the sake of change.

I'm not thanking Ron Martin for anything, it is precisely his responsibility for us being where we are, but all he can ever do is own it, put it right and then make damn sure it never happens again if at all possible.

He seems to be doing that at last... but the reason isn't because of a pitch invasion.

Although given that Ron didn't do everything Stan asked in the summer and only started listening properly after fans invaded the pitch I would probably say that the protest gave a little bit of weight to Stans proposals.

If you moaners knew only a fraction of the hard work and personal money Ron has put into SUFC. You'd be down on your knees praising him. But you don't know and there's the thing.
Posters are expressing a view based on the last 3/4 years of pain. If you class that as moaning so be it, but down on our knees praising him, dream on @southchurch. All the **** has happened on his watch and he's the Boss man, The buck has to stop with him.

If you moaners knew only a fraction of the hard work and personal money Ron has put into SUFC. You'd be down on your knees praising him. But you don't know and there's the thing.
Is it because he loves the club YOU IDIOT? :Cool: :Cool:

The best thing he ever did was take a step back as he's simply incompetent. Another thought, maybe he wouldn't need to put his own money into the club if he could run it properly. Oh, and pay the odd tax bill along the way as well would be nice.

Something that amazes me with the Ron lovers is that his businesses loan us the money that he's failed to pay in taxes and then charge us a interest to pay it back (surely earning money from not paying your own tax bill). Not even sure that it's legal. To be fair, it probably isn't, we all know about his ongoing court cases.

Hard work and money gambling on the big prize of FF. He has to keep the club going. Football became secondary. Down on my knees. No way!!!

If I need a job done I'm hiring the person that knows what they're doing, not someone who will work hard but doesn't know how to do the job. Ron might have worked hard but the results speak for themselves, if Ron had swallowed his pride and hired a team that knew how to run a club earlier instead of trying to do it all himself we likely wouldn't be where we are.

I know there are a lot of Fans on here who still cannot say a good word for Ron.
I believe in making love not war.
We all make mistakes, none of us are perfect.
Ron has proved he wants us to succeed as much as us lot.

He has funded the removal of Phil Brown ( I thought he would get us out of the recent mess, with hindsight I was wrong too)
He has gone with Stan and Tom, got in The Three Amigos and low and behold here we are,on the way forward for me in record time.
Thanks Ron Martin.
COYB UTB :OMG::Thank You::Clap::Clap::Clap: :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter:
!

Are you for real ....... or a deliberate plant ??

Not controversial at all. A great man, with the clubs best interests at heart. Two permanent signings, 3 wins on the bounce, a new stadium on the horizon and roots hall rocking. Where’s all the Martin Out brigade now? So what if we slip into an embargo once in a while, Ron always gets us out and we should all be eternally grateful

IN RON WE TRUST.
you are just being ironic for the comedy value ? please tell me youre not serious !! ??

you are just being ironic for the comedy value ? please tell me youre not serious !! ??
8 unbeaten with RM at the helm. The personnel changes all masterminded by Ron and funded by Ron. 2 months ago it was Ron Out, so I asked again; where are the Ron Out brigade now we’re doing well!? Fickle fans as per usual

You don’t have to forgive or forget but you can put things on the back burner for a bit. The last few weeks have been nothing short of phenomenal if compared to the last few seasons. The three amigos are developing a squad that is resilient, has self belief and deliver an end product. Stan’s involvement in driving the change cannot be underestimated. Getting Still in is a master stroke. Maher maybe at the helm but put all those minds together and what potential we have to drive even further forward.

Last but definitely not least is a massive acknowledgment of CEO Tom. The effects of administering cash flow so that all the off pitch worries about wages etc contribute massively to squad, club and fan morale

8 unbeaten with RM at the helm. The personnel changes all masterminded by Ron and funded by Ron. 2 months ago it was Ron Out, so I asked again; where are the Ron Out brigade now we’re doing well!? Fickle fans as per usual
Have you forgotten which League we are playing in?

Never forget, never forgive.

The personnel changes were only made "because" of the Martin Out campaign. If Ron had his way, things would have continued with him trying to do everything and we would probably be in administration by now. Stan sensed our anger and kindly got involved to help out the club. He requested a break from the protests while a new management team was introduced, in order to get some much needed results, and the supporters have respected that. Trust me, the Martin Out campaign is still there...it's just on pause whilst we climb the table and restore some positivity about the place. My fear is that while Ron still holds all the trump cards all this hard work could be in vain as the state of the finances will raise their ugly head again at some point.

If by "masterminded" you mean completely ignored until Brown turned out to be a disaster and Ron started feeling the pressure from the protests then sure.

Back