• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The "6-figure-man"

Angell Delight

Life President
From Official site:

When you hear Tilson say "he has a lot of sides that want him" and "he's got a decent price tag around his neck but he has a good scoring record" IMHO you automatically think Luke Beckett. Tilson says he's not going to name him but thats a pretty clear sign IMO. If there's a lot of sides after the player it would be well known in public that that is the case, as far as I know I've seen nothing about other interest in Harris and theres no way Goater would be worth 6 figures at 35 despite the fact he'd be an exceptional signing (197 goals in 471 career games!). Blundell is staying at Donny and although Oldham were said to be interested in Taylor they were the only ones to be known in public and if this player has so many sides interested in him a lot of this interest will have come out in the media. Oldham have since dropped their interest in Taylor.

The only player known to have a plethora of sides chasing him for a 6-figure-fee is Beckett, and I seriously doubt he'd choose us over some of the others.

Another let down...

Maybe its Bruce Dyer?.

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ July 05 2005,11:14)]Hasnt Holt signed a new deal at Dale though?

rock.gif
I believe he agreed one, perhaps even signed it, but that doesn't mean that the right amount of money wouldn't make Dale interested in a sale.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 05 2005,11:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ July 05 2005,11:08)]The only player known to have a plethora of sides chasing him for a 6-figure-fee is Beckett
And Holt
He wouldn't still be talking about Holt after he penned his new deal.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ July 05 2005,11:18)]He wouldn't still be talking about Holt after he penned his new deal.
I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 05 2005,11:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ July 05 2005,11:14)]Hasnt Holt signed a new deal at Dale though?

rock.gif
I believe he agreed one, perhaps even signed it, but that doesn't mean that the right amount of money wouldn't make Dale interested in a sale.
Agreed but the only other 2 sides known to be interested in Holt were Yeovil and Swansea who have both now signed new strikers and have presumably dropped their interest, I've certainly heard nothing to the contrary. Tilson's is a recent interview that states there are a number of sides interested in signing the player in question.

I'm not saying its Holt, just that there's no reason it isnt him...

I agree that it looks like Beckett - but there's probably other's we're forgetting is my point

My moneys's still on Taylor. Oldham, Tranmere and Doncaster (I think) were all after him. But now that Donny have landed Heffernan, they've cooled their interest.

I really can't see us signing Beckett. You look at his previous clubs; Stockport, Oldham (Loan), Huddersfield (Loan), Chesterfield, Chester (?), you could throw an imaginary blanket over them in geographical terms. Unless, he's tempted by a new challenge (i.e. to play for a team south of Nottingham!) then I'd have thought he'd choose a northern side over us.

sad.gif

Do we know for sure that this six-figure deal isn't dead in the water?

I think it was probably Holt and we got turned down by the club and player.

My insider said at the weekend it was one of two, both League 2 clubs. They have both splashed out on signings so maybe they know they are going to offload their star men.
Checkout the League 2 webisites and you should work it out.
Would not want to directly name them as told in confidence.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ July 05 2005,12:05)]My insider said at the weekend it was one of two, both League 2 clubs. They have both splashed out on signings so maybe they know they are going to offload their star men.
Checkout the League 2 webisites and you should work it out.
Would not want to directly name them as told in confidence.
Tyson, Steele...?

Happier with the former than the latter. Pure guesswork, mind...

rock.gif

Back