• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The age old question - Fifa or PES?

Fifa or PES?

• Total voters

Andy_S

Member of the Barry Corr Fan Club
Good people of the Zone I seek your help. yes I know this is a topic that's always repeated, but I still can't make up my mind from the previous threads the other week.

After downloading the demos for Fifa & PES for the PS3 I'm stuck as to which one to buy. They both seem a big improvement on what they have followed and both have plus points. Fifa seems to be a bit softer with everything now which is good, where as PES seems great to play as well. Fifa owners, how much can you edit on it? Is it still as before where you can only do certain bits and so can't edit Southend players so they have Nike boots or whatever. Speaking of that, just how realistic is our squad etc on it? Wasn't too impressed by the look of it all on Fifa 08. None of the players had any pace. It's like if they don't play in the Prem then obviously they're going to have the turning circle of a bus.

Am leaning towards PES and methinks I'll buy either/or before 5:30 on shopto.net so it's delivered tomorrow.

Vote away!

Cheers.

anyone who doesnt vote for pro evo, i would prefer never speak to me again.

thanks

Matty x

Fifa 09 gets my vote, better graphics imo, more realistic, proper names of clubs and they have southend utd on the team selection, so that's mainly why it gets my vote!

Fifa for me for the same reason as Supershrimper.

And for you Andy they're all much much quicker than 08, Barnard on there is a nippy little f***er on there!

And for you Andy they're all much much quicker than 08, Barnard on there is a nippy little f***er on there!

Cheers for the views so far.

So do they actually look in any way similar to our players? No more of this players being of the wrong colour I take it!?

If I'm honest I can't remember off the top of my head as I havn't played it for a while :stunned:, so I'll report back on that one for you :)

Fifa may have the glitz and the presentation but theres nothing going on between the ears and it lies there silent and motionless when it comes to the gritty stuff.

Think of Pro Evo like the really chubby girl that tries a lot harder in bed.

Tbh, i usually play both fifa and pro evo but I prefer playing fifa really.

Cheers for the views so far.

So do they actually look in any way similar to our players? No more of this players being of the wrong colour I take it!?

The graphics of the Southend players are for once quite impressive

Chaps, with it being generally quite difficult, especially in the 2009 version, to score a goal in Pro Evo, I (and I can't be the only one...) find myself jumping out of the chair from time to time in joy at scoring a cracker into the top corner etc.

I just don't get that from FIFA. Sorry. :whistling:

Cheers again for the replies/votes.

I'm going to use this weekend to play the demos some more before I buy one, but I'm actually now leaning towards Fifa after some more playing time.

*awaits the wrath*

Cheers again for the replies/votes.

I'm going to use this weekend to play the demos some more before I buy one, but I'm actually now leaning towards Fifa after some more playing time.

*awaits the wrath*

Stereoscene will never, ever, talk to you again if you lean towards FIFA anymore: especially as it is 15 votes to 9 on the contrary.

Do you really want this to happen? Think carefully... :cricko:

Not played either for years, but back in the old playstation days it was PES all the way. Fifa was always too flashy, with not enough depth (bit like most EA games tbh)

having said that, there was nothing like turning the ref to "blind" and seeing how many of the German national team you could injure!

Not played either for years, but back in the old playstation days it was PES all the way. Fifa was always too flashy, with not enough depth (bit like most EA games tbh)

having said that, there was nothing like turning the ref to "blind" and seeing how many of the German national team you could injure!

The FIFA series has changed hugely over the past couple of years. It's now slower, more realistic game. Combined with the stunning graphics and incredible depth of teams and competitions, EA now have a very competitive package.

Pro Evo has always been about the supremacy of it's game engine being much more important than graphics and presentation. It's always been a much more realistic and enjoyable game than FIFA but again there's been a huge shift in the past couple of years in this. In Pro Evo you can still run straight from the kick-off, dribble past all the defenders and score at least once in every ten attempts. Most games seem to end up with seven or eight goals in them and the AI is still as completely out-foxed by cut-backs as they were on Pro Evo 3.

Pro Evo is still the more enjoyable game. It's easy to score, it's easy to dribble past players, and your players don't have to be in control of the ball in order to pass or shoot making the game quick and responsive. If you've got a few mates coming round for a session on one game or another then it's got to be Pro Evo every time. FIFA is more of a sim to Pro Evo's arcadey feel and has got much more depth to it than that particular series has historically had.

Which one would I buy? Well, personally my answer is both. I think they're both distinct enough, and good enough, to justify the purchase. If I was going to get just one then it would boil down to whether I was likely to be playing more on my own or with friends. If I'm going to be playing single player games, or online, then I'd go FIFA, if I'm planning a few sessions with friends then it would be Pro Evo.

Back