• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Annual May Day Farce 2015

Benfleet A1

Hector Of The House
Are all you London workers looking forward to the annual disruption so the great unwashed can 'protest' against everything they take for granted any other day of the week? I'm expecting the 'Critical Mass' cyclists/******s to give as many tippers drivers as possible grief by blocking the roads while McDonalds, Starbucks and a few banks will probably get the windows put through in the name of Anit-Capitalism.

Bunch of tossers.

Why not actually have it on May 1 like the rest of the world ? We also have May 1 as a holiday as does Singapore and China. If it falls on a weekend here we have the Monday but there are some public holidays falling on a weekend that don't get carried forward if they happen on Sat. Mayday or Labour Day would be deemed too important.

Always has been and always will be just an excuse for a whole bunch lazy work shy morons with huge chips on their shoulders the chance to get together an compare matted dreadlocks and share personal hygiene tips, or lack thereof. Nice crisp May morning. Get the water cannons out and really give the pricks something to moan about.

Que outrage from the Guardian reading, ex university lefties :zzzzz:

Are all you London workers looking forward to the annual disruption so the great unwashed can 'protest' against everything they take for granted any other day of the week? I'm expecting the 'Critical Mass' cyclists/******s to give as many tippers drivers as possible grief by blocking the roads while McDonalds, Starbucks and a few banks will probably get the windows put through in the name of Anit-Capitalism.

Bunch of tossers.
Perhaps if tipper trucks / skip lorries were not involved in such a high percentage of cyclists deaths in London they might leave them alone.

As for the other issues, its just an excuse for justifying a day of aggravation and violence without compromising the "peaceful " ideals they spend the rest of the year carping on about, bloody hypocrites

I have worked for investment banks for the last five years or so and have some sympathy.

Some people are paid way too much for what they do and after a while they aquire the attitude that they are entitled to it.

I have experienced resentment amongst one or two of my colleagues (I write software for the quants/strats) but the honest truth is that I am also well paid for what I do and I am not going to earn the same amount in most other industries so I pocket the cash and keep my mouth shut.

My problem with the protesters is that they are so disorganised. I worked for a popular bank on Fleet Street and walked past the occupy camp several times a day.

It didn't take long before the entire camp splintered into various self interest groups including 9/11 truthers, animal rights groups, vegan lifestyle advocacy groups etc. Not to mention the jugglers, bongo and didgeridoo players that always seem to accompany these gatherings.

The protesters made very little effort to engage with financial sector workers and seemed more interested in squabbling over who should be in charge. I don't like Monty Python but it was reminiscent of the Judean people's front/People's front of Judea farce.

I have worked for investment banks for the last five years or so and have some sympathy.

Some people are paid way too much for what they do and after a while they aquire the attitude that they are entitled to it.

I have experienced resentment amongst one or two of my colleagues (I write software for the quants/strats) but the honest truth is that I am also well paid for what I do and I am not going to earn the same amount in most other industries so I pocket the cash and keep my mouth shut.

My problem with the protesters is that they are so disorganised. I worked for a popular bank on Fleet Street and walked past the occupy camp several times a day.

It didn't take long before the entire camp splintered into various self interest groups including 9/11 truthers, animal rights groups, vegan lifestyle advocacy groups etc. Not to mention the jugglers, bongo and didgeridoo players that always seem to accompany these gatherings.

The protesters made very little effort to engage with financial sector workers and seemed more interested in squabbling over who should be in charge. I don't like Monty Python but it was reminiscent of the Judean people's front/People's front of Judea farce.

You don't like Monty Python........................Splitter

Why don't they just all get together and recreate Tribal Gathering 1996 and talk about their love for Swampy?

In a big field, preferably somewhere in the middle of ****ing nowhere.

****ing hippies.

Perhaps if tipper trucks / skip lorries were not involved in such a high percentage of cyclists deaths in London they might leave them alone.

As for the other issues, its just an excuse for justifying a day of aggravation and violence without compromising the "peaceful " ideals they spend the rest of the year carping on about, bloody hypocrites

And perhaps if cyclists stopped going down the side when tippers are turning left then there wouldn't be so many deaths. There was 24 fatalities involving tippers in London last year and just two were found to be at fault. Have a little think about that.

And perhaps if cyclists stopped going down the side when tippers are turning left then there wouldn't be so many deaths. There was 24 fatalities involving tippers in London last year and just two were found to be at fault. Have a little think about that.

two too many.

two too many.

I agree, it is two too many but when cyclists don't show the same consideration to other road users that they expect and put themselves in danger by trying to come down the left hand side, what else do they really expect.

Take a look at this, there's no tricks, no gimmicks and these are the best EU regulated mirrors available (and yes, shock horror, it's something the EU brought in that I really do get behind)

[video=youtube;lV-rhiGRFTE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV-rhiGRFTE[/video]

And we might, just maybe, have picked up those vital three points on Saturday. If that is the case rentamob can do what they like with my blessing, I will still be floating.

And we might, just maybe, have picked up those vital three points on Saturday. If that is the case rentamob can do what they like with my blessing, I will still be floating.

Er, it's Friday when these idiots take to the street. Checked with the boss earlier and company policy is not to punch, kick, confront or engage in any forms of violence which includes water bottles laced with chilli powder or lemon juice. I mean, where's the fun gone out of riots these days.

Er, it's Friday when these idiots take to the street. Checked with the boss earlier and company policy is not to punch, kick, confront or engage in any forms of violence which includes water bottles laced with chilli powder or lemon juice. I mean, where's the fun gone out of riots these days.

Which goes to show that I'm away with the Morecambe fairies at the moment. Teach me to pay more attention. I take it Tasers are out of the question.

You don't believe in 'song lines' any more than I do. It's just a way for you to seem interesting to girls because deep down you know you're boring and pretentious like your stupid ****ing dreadlocks. Which, by the way, always look embarrassing on white people. They're not countercultural, they actually scream 'Oh, I've got a trust fund!' so get a normal haircut, you unbearable prick.

latest

Back