• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Apprentice - Sweepstake

That's according to how much you've been drinking Rich, I'm sure of it!

Seeing as 10ish on a Wednesday night (the usual time we get to watch it) is probably one of the booziest times of the week in our house, I'd say I usually see her in the same state. I said she wasn't all that (looks wise) in Wk1 & still maintain that now, also got to agree with their robot-like analysis after the interviews last night too!

OK mine and Miss weststand's money paid over to Cricko.
We are now out of your debt.

And the Ricemaster wins it! Kate definitely shot herself in the foot in the interview room at the end IMHO.

So the bloke who doesn't watch the show wins. Congrats Ricey contact mr macnasty for your winnings fiver to pay Trueblue.

Well done people, bit of fun and a few quid for the zone.

the only reason Sir Alan didn't hire Kate is that he must be a massive bender

Yasmin had a very lucky escape in WEEK 4 (er cough, cough) so ergo, I win.....;)

Me, surely being as Debra only just lost out to Yasmina?! Very surprised at the result, she may have her own business but she's hardly successful, didn't I see somewhere it only makes about £4k a YEAR?! The packaging for their chocs was great, as was the price, obviously - but what is the point if the product is as revolting as everyone seemed to indicate, Kate's chocs were superior in every way.

Me, surely being as Debra only just lost out to Yasmina?! Very surprised at the result, she may have her own business but she's hardly successful, didn't I see somewhere it only makes about £4k a YEAR?! The packaging for their chocs was great, as was the price, obviously - but what is the point if the product is as revolting as everyone seemed to indicate, Kate's chocs were superior in every way.

She said they made 4½% profit in their first year, which is still a pretty low margin but im not sure on what sort of margins restaurants usually work.

As Siralan said, their chocolate strategy was spot on. With a little more time they could easily sort out the taste. The important thing was the brand and the marketing.

290k turnover and 9k net profit in the first year. I don't think that's bad for a new business, however she didn't draw a salary from this.

Anyone who is running a home-grown business at the age of 27 is a success in my eyes, and obviously in Siralans too. The restaurant industry is extremely competitive, and has been badly hit by the credit crunch, so I think it goes to show that she has done pretty well so far.

290k turnover and 9k net profit in the first year. I don't think that's bad for a new business, however she didn't draw a salary from this.

Anyone who is running a home-grown business at the age of 27 is a success in my eyes, and obviously in Siralans too. The restaurant industry is extremely competitive, and has been badly hit by the credit crunch, so I think it goes to show that she has done pretty well so far.

Not so sure. When Claude starting asking about the business, and in particular the figures, she got exceptionally flustered. I would imagine her brother is the driving force behind the business. Also, if she had taken a salary the business would have made a loss. You can obviously only afford not to take a salary for a limited time otherwise you might as well be working for someone else. Presumably she could afford this initially as she appears to still live with her mother.

Back