• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Blue Belles.

We've moaned about everything else this season so we might as well start on the Blue Belles.

How about a youth club taking penalties like we used to have? That always went down well with the South Stand. Young kids scoring goals at Roots Hall, creating those memories and pushing their dream of playing for Southend.
Isn't this what we're trying to do with our current line-ups / available squad during the games?

Watching some of our cowardly defending in the last year, then surely some of our team should have been playing in mini skirt and pom poms.

Last edited:
I remember when they replaced them for a while with some street dance group. Wiggles or something like that they were called I think?

Lasted a few games and mysteriously the Bluebelles returned PDQ. Perhaps Ron didn’t pay the street dancers or he realised the Bluebelles were the cheaper option? One of life’s & Southend’s great mysteries namely - what happened to Wiggles, where is Elvis Eel and what was Bond thinking when he signed Ridgewell? ?

I remember when they replaced them for a while with some street dance group. Wiggles or something like that they were called I think?

Lasted a few games and mysteriously the Bluebelles returned PDQ. Perhaps Ron didn’t pay the street dancers or he realised the Bluebelles were the cheaper option? One of life’s & Southend’s great mysteries namely - what happened to Wiggles, where is Elvis Eel and what was Bond thinking when he signed Ridgewell? ?

ELVIS EEL and Original Sammy were fired for having the temerity to ask if there was any chance of having their costumes spring cleaned and disinfected ,from the inside !!

The Bluebelles are so very 1990s lad culture.

Lads culture was not invented in the 90's. Thumbing through the office copy of FHM.....Big deal.

In the 70's and 80's we were more entertained by kicking ten bells out of someone.

Young girls found it far more inspiring than some degrading US imported cheerleader nonsense. Young boys didn't need Elvis the eel or Sammy the Shrimp, they had the likes of Ginger to look up to.

Now they have to hand their list of songs in for police approval, just in case the oppos lads might get offended.

Last edited:
And lonely old men??.

Dirty ones too. The bluebells do their dancing etc at Essex CCC T20 games as well and there is an older fella there (late 50's early 60s ish) who makes me cringe. One time one of the young girls walked by the boundary near said man and he just yells "Camel toe" right at her. Horrible looking old bloke

I thought I'd watch the half time kick about between our young subs. The weather was horrendous with driving rain and blowing the expected gale. I couldn't believe it when The Blue Belles still came out to do their routine. Obviously, cold, wet, weather beaten........but they were fantastic. They gave it everything, every one of them. The music was good, but they were brilliant with a great routine. Timing, brilliant. I know they practice very hard, and it showed, ready for each home match. Well done girls. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to mark every one of you 10 out of 10. The sad thing was that only a handful of us in the East Stand clapped them off. We take them for granted, and really should appreciate them more.

Couldn't tell from the West stand: the public address wasn't working.

Back