• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News The Boss's First Interview

No different to brown or Powell just cannot understand martins logic I really can’t
I think martins the one what needs to go

No different to brown or Powell just cannot understand martins logic I really can’t
I think martins the one what needs to go
Dont be silly without martin we wouldent have a club! How can u blame martin keeps us a float each year and invests in squad! We have the 5th highest budget in league 1!! Have u heard of harry Redknapp? Well this guy was his assistant when spurs got into the champions league!! I think hes got the credentials to try and steer us away from relegation! Give him a chance

NEW Southend United boss Kevin Bond has vowed to make the Shrimpers a hardworking team who will never give up.

More...

Thank you give him a chance so much moaning on here and yet he hasn’t managed a game yet! Look at Wally Downs at Wimbledon hardly got any management credentials yet he may well just save them...

Come on Retroblue Wally is a club legend at Wimbledon, when have we had that option to try, oh hold on ..........:Smile:

I can’t believe how bad these players became so I for one think Ron Martin is Southend’s biggest problem

Very true. Watching the players run along the seafront with Ron hanging out of his chauffeur driven Bentley, shouting encouragement. Is not the way for professionals to train.

I don't think you are going to do that in 6 games, a hardworking team needs a certain level of fitness and we really seem lacking in that dept

Agreed but lets not forget at 3-3 v Pompey they suddenly went back on the attack and we looked more like we should. By that i mean closing down and blocking shots like it actually mattered. Then counter attacking and nearly winning the game ourselves.

We have lacked work rate for months, some of that is definitely down to a poor mental attitude rather than physical fitness. especially of course when we concede a goal.....or two.

Agreed but lets not forget at 3-3 v Pompey they suddenly went back on the attack and we looked more like we should. By that i mean closing down and blocking shots like it actually mattered. Then counter attacking and nearly winning the game ourselves.

We have lacked work rate for months, some of that is definitely down to a poor mental attitude rather than physical fitness. especially of course when we concede a goal.....or two.
Same at Charlton after Dru was sent off....

Same at Charlton after Dru was sent off....

Yes. CP said that late equaliser at Blackpool felt like a defeat and it did. However at Scunny we still looked the better side for a good 30 mins but once that fluke goal happened just before half time we came out a completely different and beaten side.

That's when Ron gave his rallying cry to all but the 3 games since we have manged 2 shots on target and looked even worse.

So Ron, CP or RD/KM haven't produced that magic bounce.....Lets see what happens when Kevin and Arry go large in Sarfend.

Back