• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperton

Manager
Just a quick question to the Brown out brigade? Who could or would want come in to Southend United, an average squad at best for League 2, players who don't get paid, club under embargo, Chairman who at the flick of his hair makes the manager look a idiot, no money & we mean no money here, new man cant bring in anymore players of his own suit he has to try & get the best out of what he's got, club always in court for winding up orders, new stadium has been promised for god know how many years & some supporters who expect this club to be beating everyone 5-0 cos we are a massive league 2 club........................................ WAKE UP GET REAL & REALISE THIS IS ALL MR MARTINS DOING, HE IS KILLING THE CLUB WITH HIS SLOW BUT SURE STRANGLEHOLD, even Alex Ferguson coming out of retirement could not do anything about the situation we have here while Martin is at the helm, all we can can do is support those lads that play in blue, some of them maybe poor but that's Southend United!! WE ARE A CLUB MOST PRO PLAYERS AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE COS OF MARTIN

Yes I said this earlier in the week. And I agree with what you say in all its entirety. I don't Hate Brown but there are certain things he is doing which is not helping his cause.Not just what he lects to say in part in interviews but other aspects too like does he know enough about our level? I'm still of the view that I'am sceptical that he is the right man for the job.

Yes I said this earlier in the week. And I agree with what you say in all its entirety. I don't Hate Brown but there are certain things he is doing which is not helping his cause.Not just what he lects to say in part in interviews but other aspects too like does he know enough about our level? I'm still of the view that I'am sceptical that he is the right man for the job.
I too am sceptical, I think he will be gone around xmas anyway of his own accord, he didn't realise what he was biting into here & he will be on that plane to South Africa to top the tan up & coach abit........... the next manager wont be any different, he will be untried because surely no experienced manager wants this job on his cv in the current state.

I too am sceptical, I think he will be gone around xmas anyway of his own accord, he didn't realise what he was biting into here & he will be on that plane to South Africa to top the tan up & coach abit........... the next manager wont be any different, he will be untried because surely no experienced manager wants this job on his cv in the current state.

Precisely what I have been saying all along. It effected Tilson especially in his last season, and it effected Sturrock's last season here. It is all very well saying these guys should have their motivational abilities called into question but when things are so bleak from those at the top begind the scenes any manager past, present or in the future cannot be held accountable 100%. Try motivating when things are not right from above .

I am not anti-Brown, I do want him to succeed although I freely admit that I was in the 'give Paul Sturrock one more year' group. That said, I was unsure about his appointment and I've found his recent remarks criticising team and players, rather worrying. We all know what is going on in the background and for that very reason we require a manager that can not only create a successful side but at the same time deal with all the crap that is going on off the pitch. I'm just starting to wonder whether PB is that kind on person...........and I'm wondering whether he is wondering the same thing himself.

Good piece yogi. Yeas I see the point of Brown knew what he was getting himself into here but then it appears to me we were literally his only option . It has been mentioned many other clubs turned him down. Possibly many will not agree my choice would be Peter Taylor. Ok his record at club level at the top end is not good but he knows this level of the game well and has promoted many lower level teams. He is a local man, A blues club man, Out of work at the mo but I guess he wouldn't come cheap. I think it is also the case he fell out with Ron when he was allegedly led to believe he would be coming back after taking many training sessions but a sudden change of heart saw Ron appoint Rob Newman instead. Think Spud felt let down by that.

Given the off-field financial problems, I think Phil Brown has done reasonably well. But I wish he would give Conor Clifford a run of appearances in mid-field.

If the current manager decides to quit or gets a push - I wonder why Steve Tilson was in the Directors' Box - I think the Chairman should try and get Justin Edinburgh although Blues would have to pay Newport compensation given that he is under contract there.

Given the off-field financial problems, I think Phil Brown has done reasonably well. But I wish he would give Conor Clifford a run of appearances in mid-field.

If the current manager decides to quit or gets a push - I wonder why Steve Tilson was in the Directors' Box - I think the Chairman should try and get Justin Edinburgh although Blues would have to pay Newport compensation given that he is under contract there.

Because he is local. A fan. No other prior engagements perhaps? Don't think he would come back anyway should the post become available because of the obvious unpleasant past history. To be honest i'd be sceptical about bringing him back in any case.

Its handy having a manager with a few conections at Prem and Champ level, but at the end of the day any manager we have here is handicapped from the very start. No money,late wages, if any on accasions, lonees coming and going, never ending embargos, that seem to be with us for ever, not that it matters, I doubt Ron could Afford more than about 20 players wages anyway. So do your best PB, it aint easy is it.

Who is actually calling for Brown to leave?

No-one has said the players have not been paid, he has signed several players so the players he has to work with are mostly his own and there is still space for 1 or 2 more to bring in. Brown doesn't need Martin to make himself look like an idiot and has done that plenty of times over his managerial career.

Not sure how winding up orders or the stadium being promised are stopping us winning. When we lose to Oxford next week maybe Brown should come out and say if we were at Fossetts Farm we would have won.

If Brown went then Dave Penney would get the job.

Rather have Wiggy as manager!

Ready made excuses for Brown. Tilson used less than 20 players to get promotion. We were on the verge of the play offs when Luggy got sacked. Brown has taken us downhill. His signings and tactics have left a lot to be desired as his public comments have too. The team is still over reliant on Luggys signings which says it all.

I like Conor but he played from the start at Wycombe and looked like a boy against men.

Its all about results. If we all perform poor in our normal jobs there will only be a matter of time before serious consequences. This is the case with pb if things dont turn around he will be out.

Were 12th in the table I don't get why everyone is so angry.

We've played a game more than everyone else. Likely drop to 16th after today. That's not acceptable at this stage. Even more so after our start.

Just a quick question to the Brown out brigade? Who could or would want come in to Southend United,

A list as long as your arm. Whether there would be anyone good is another thing...

an average squad at best for League 2,

He brought 9 players in and promoted youths, some of which no where near ready.

players who don't get paid,

There has been no confirmation from anywhere that this is the case, Chris Phillips normally hears and he hadnt heard anything a week ago. Is this actually true or another "Phil Brown getting 6 months pay in advance" rumour turning to fact?

club under embargo, Chairman who at the flick of his hair makes the manager look a idiot, no money & we mean no money here, new man cant bring in anymore players of his own suit he has to try & get the best out of what he's got, club always in court for winding up orders, new stadium has been promised for god know how many years & some supporters who expect this club to be beating everyone 5-0 cos we are a massive league 2 club........................................ WAKE UP GET REAL & REALISE THIS IS ALL MR MARTINS DOING, HE IS KILLING THE CLUB WITH HIS SLOW BUT SURE STRANGLEHOLD, even Alex Ferguson coming out of retirement could not do anything about the situation we have here while Martin is at the helm, all we can can do is support those lads that play in blue, some of them maybe poor but that's Southend United!! WE ARE A CLUB MOST PRO PLAYERS AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE COS OF MARTIN

Indeed our club is a financial mess, yet he still brought in 9 players and also created the most expensive backroom staff we have had.

Most League 1 and 2 clubs have no money, we have more problems than most but that isnt a reason for total failure.

How much money do Orient have ? They have won 8 games on the trot.

Im far from being Ron Martin's biggest fan, he has completely messed this club up financially and cant afford to run a club, but that doesnt absolve Phil Brown completely from any responsibility. He still has a squad of decent players and whilst automatic promotion may not be realistic under the circumstances he should at least be able to win the odd game or two in six.

Phil Brown loves to blame everyone else for results, but he isnt blaming money or embargos is he?

Precisely what I have been saying all along. It effected Tilson especially in his last season, and it effected Sturrock's last season here. It is all very well saying these guys should have their motivational abilities called into question but when things are so bleak from those at the top begind the scenes any manager past, present or in the future cannot be held accountable 100%. Try motivating when things are not right from above .

Tilson had no players, he couldnt even field a team with 4 defenders in it, players werent paid for months on end.

There has been no confirmation from any reliable source that wages are actually unpaid and normally we hear it from multiple places when that happens.

If you have factual information that players have not been paid then share it as we arent hearing anything from anywhere and you continue to use this as a reason why Brown cant win a football match.

Were 12th in the table I don't get why everyone is so angry.

Because we havent won a game in 6 !

That said as I said on another thread Im actually not angry, Im enjoying games more than I was a year ago despite disappointing results.

That said Im getting totally fed up of people unwilling to lay responsibility at the managers door.

We are a skint league two club, like most of the clubs in the division, we should be winning some of the games we play surely...

Back