• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

C C Csiders

Life President
On the journey to spiritual enlightenment (via the
Ah the perfect opportunity to lose all your well-earned.

I'll kick off the proceedings by tipping the Irish trained Sublimity to win today's feature race, the Champion Hurdle.

This is more by process of elimination than anything, but I just can't contemplate the favourite Detroit City winning this. He is a 5 year old, and 5 year olds just DO NOt win this race, unless they end up being three time winners. The last two 5 year olds to win were See You Then, who ended up winning three in a row, and way back in 1968 when Persian War won the first of his three Champions'. Plenty of good 5 year olds have tried and failed including arguable the best hurdler of all time, Night Nurse. However, in those days the Hurdling crown took a lot mor ewinning than it does today.

It may well be that Detroit City will trot up, and if he does, I suggest he will also go on and win three in a row.

On the other end of the age scale both Brave Inca and Hardy Eustace are getting a little long in the tooth as 2 mile Hurdlers' now, and for that reason I pass them over.

Sublimity ran well in the Novice event last year on the first day, and has won well in Ireland this season. For that reason 12/1 or so looks good value to me, and I'll be getting on.

Anyone else like to try their punting luck?

I'm doing a £1 six horse acca.

These are the nags. Wish me luck

2:00 Granit Jack
2:35 Dont Push It
3:15 Straw Bear
4:00 Heltornic
4:40 Royal Auclair
5:20 Gaspara

2:00 Flint River Ranch
2:35 Eukanabu
3:15 Supreme
4:00 Iams
4:40 Winnalot
5:20 Pedigree

I aint got a fooking clue about horse although my £2 bet before the WBA game was a superb one and won me a nice sum with the winning horse having odds of 16/1!

Ah the perfect opportunity to lose all your well-earned.

I'll kick off the proceedings by tipping the Irish trained Sublimity to win today's feature race, the Champion Hurdle.

This is more by process of elimination than anything, but I just can't contemplate the favourite Detroit City winning this. He is a 5 year old, and 5 year olds just DO NOt win this race, unless they end up being three time winners. The last two 5 year olds to win were See You Then, who ended up winning three in a row, and way back in 1968 when Persian War won the first of his three Champions'. Plenty of good 5 year olds have tried and failed including arguable the best hurdler of all time, Night Nurse. However, in those days the Hurdling crown took a lot mor ewinning than it does today.

It may well be that Detroit City will trot up, and if he does, I suggest he will also go on and win three in a row.

On the other end of the age scale both Brave Inca and Hardy Eustace are getting a little long in the tooth as 2 mile Hurdlers' now, and for that reason I pass them over.

Sublimity ran well in the Novice event last year on the first day, and has won well in Ireland this season. For that reason 12/1 or so looks good value to me, and I'll be getting on.

Anyone else like to try their punting luck?

Don't say I didn't tells ya.:angel:

OK after yesterday's lovely 16-1 winner. I give you two very small wagers today. In the 4.00 you may get a dividend from having a small interest in Oscartello. However, it is hard to be too confident in such a competitive handicap. The horse appears to have been laid out for this one though.

The 5.20 race, the Festival Bumper contains a lot of horses who are potential stars of the future, and all should be backed with confidence on their first couple of starts over hurdles next season. However, the Victor Dartnall trained Lodge Lane is potentially a smart novice chaser next season, and it may well be worth a small each-way bet on this one at odds of around 25 to 33-1 to repel the Irish invasion.

I know FA about horses (poor form given my job) but by keeping my ear to the ground in the office, I came out £10 up from Tuesday and swiftly plowed £5 in to Derby.

It's actually a lot more enjoyable than I ever realised. Might spend some time tomorrow with a few punts.

Back